A Novel QoS Architecture for Next Generation Broadband Satellite Systems
This paper presents the architecture developed in Satsix project in order to improve the current QoS level in satellite/terrestrial networks. The dynamic QoS support is one of the major achievement of SATSIX in the QoS area, with the extension of the QoS agent/server architecture proposed in the previous SATIP6 project. This QoS architecture is based on DiffServ architecture, and it has been proposed aiming to tackle different QoS level sessions.
KeywordsMedium Access Control Medium Access Control Layer Traffic Class Best Effort European Telecommunication Standard Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ETSI TS 102 295, “Satellite Earth Stations and Systems (SES); Broadband Satellite Multimedia; Services and Architectures: BSM Traffic Classes”.Google Scholar
- “SatLabs Harmonised Short-Term QoS Specification”, ref.: sl_322, Version 1.1.1.Google Scholar
- IST SATIP6 Project (Contract IST-2001–34344), Home Page on http://satip6.tilab.com.
- IEEE 802.11e/D13.0, Part 11, “Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications: Medium Access Control (MAC) Enhancements for Quality of Service (QoS)”, draft supp. to IEEE 802.11 std., Jan. 2005.Google Scholar
- HTB for Linux, http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb.
- L. Bucket and J. Turner, IEEE vol 24, 1986.Google Scholar
- AmerHis system, http://www.alcatel.es/espacio/pdf/amerhis.pdf.
- D. Black, S. Blake, M. Carlson, E. Davies, Z. Wong, and W. Weiss, “An architecture for differentiated services”, IETF RFC 2475, 1998.Google Scholar
- “Satellite Earth Stations and Systems (SES); Broadband Satellite Multimedia; Common air interface specification: Satellite Independent Service Access Point (SI-SAP)”, ETSI TS 102 357.Google Scholar
- EN 301 192, “Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); DVB Specifications for Data Broadcasting”, European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI).Google Scholar