Service Integration in SatLife Regenerative Network
AMAZONAS satellite, launched in the summer of 2004, includes AMERHIS payload, being the first regenerative system using DVB-RCS/DVB-S standards to inter-connect four coverage areas located in Europe and America, in only one single satellite hop.
In the frame of SATLIFE, the different regenerative satellite terminals have been enhanced, including standard technologies to optimize performance through the satellite link. Management Station upgrade is in line with these RCST improvements, supporting new video terminals and multicast routing apart from broadcast.
Using the new developments in the prototypes, different multimedia services and applications have been integrated over the regenerative satellite network.
Index terms: Digital TV, DVB-RCS, IP, Multicast, Multimedia, Network, OBP, Regenerative, Satellite, Video Broadcasting.
KeywordsMultimedia Service Service Integration Satellite Network Satellite Link Multicast Route
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- EN 301 790, DVB Interaction Channel for Satellite Distribution Systems, ver 1.2.2, ETSI.Google Scholar
- EN 301 192, DVB Specification for Data Broadcasting, ver 1.2.1, ETSI.Google Scholar
- TR 101 790, DVB Interaction Channel for Satellite Distribution Systems, Guidelines for Use of EN 301 790, ver 1.2.1, ETSI.Google Scholar
- A. Yun, I. Moreno, and F. J. Ruiz Piñar, “IP Multicast over New Generation Satellite Networks. A Case Study: AmerHis”, IWSSC 2006.Google Scholar
- I. Jiménez and I. Moreno, “AmerHis: Exploitation and Service Definition in an Interactive Regenerative Satellite Network For Mesh Communications”, 12th Ka Band Conference, 2006.Google Scholar
- A. Yun, E. Callejo, S. Combes, and D. Mignolo, “Harmonization of Connection Control Protocol (C2P) for DVB-RCS Systems”, AIAA, 2007.Google Scholar
- P. Conforto, S. Pellegrino, A. Yun, D. Mignolo, and S. Combes et al., “Harmonised Network Management in DVB-RCS System with Connection Control”, AIAA, 2007.Google Scholar
- F. Vallejo and A. Yun “AmerHis: Triple Play Over an OBP-Based DVB-RCS Satellite Platform”, 23rd AIAA ICSSC, 2005.Google Scholar
- A. Yun and F. Vallejo, “DVB-RCS Meets Direct Mesh Connectivity”, Satlabs DVB-RCS Symposium, Sep. 2005.Google Scholar
- M. Wittig and J. Maria Casas, “A Communications Switchboard in the Sky: AmerHis”, Esa Bulletin, No. 115. Aug. 2003.Google Scholar