Novel Cooperative Transmission Technique of OFDMA Systems with Multiple Antennas for Broadband Wireless Access
A combination of OFDM with FDMA (called OFDMA) is regarded as a promising solution for improving the performance of BWA with multiple users. Although transmit diversity is clearly advantageous in OFDMA systems, it may not be possible that practical OFDMA systems have more than two antennas due to size, cost, or hardware limitations. Cooperative networks aim to utilize the available terminals as a collection of distributed antennas for the transmission of signals from one end of the network to the other. This paper focuses on design and performance evaluation of IEEE 802.16 MIMO-OFDMA systems with cooperative diversity. In this chapter, for high-rate and reliable transmission, efficient transmission codes of cooperative transmission are proposed for each transmission case (single transmission case or mutual transmission case).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wireless MAN working group, http://wirelessman.org/
- 2.Iyengar R, Iyer P, Sikdar B (2005) Analysis of 802.16 based last mile wireless networks. IEEE GLOBECOM ’05, vol 5, no 28, November pp. 3123–3127Google Scholar
- 3.Niyato D, Hossain E (2005) Queue-aware uplink bandwidth allocation for polling services in 802.16 broadband wireless networks. IEEE GLOBECOM ’05, vol. 6, no 28, December pp. 3702–3706Google Scholar
- 4.Taesoo Kwon, Howon Lee, Sik Choi, Juyeop Kim, Dong-Ho Cho, Sunghyn Cho, Sangboh Yun, Won-Hyong Park, Kiho Kim (2005) Design and implementation of a simulator based on a cross-layer protocol between MAC and PHY layers in a WiBro Compatible IEEE 802.16e OFDMA system. IEEE Communication Magazine, vol 43, no 12, December pp 136–146CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Jung Min Choi, Kwak JS, Ho Seok Kim, Jae Hong Lee (2004) Adaptive subcarrier, bit, and power allocation algorithm for MIMO-OFDMA system. VTC 2004-Spring. 2004 IEEE, vol. 3, no. 17-19, May pp. 1801–1805Google Scholar
- 7.Nosratinia A, Hunter TE, Hedayat A (2004) Cooperative communication in wireless networks. IEEE Communication Magazine, October pp. 74–80Google Scholar
- 9.Lee J-C, Han Y-H, Shin M-K, Jang H-J, Kim H-J (2006) Considerations of neighbor discovery protocol over IEEE 802.16 networks. ICACT 2006, vol. 2, no. 20–22, February pp. 951–955Google Scholar
- 10.Hongseok Jeon, Junghoon Jee (2006) IPv6 neighbor discovery protocol for common prefix allocation in IEEE 802.16. ICACT 2006, vol 3, no. 20–22, February pp. 1661–1663Google Scholar
- 11.Alamouti SM (1998) A simple transmit diversity technique for wireless communications. IEEE JSEC, vol. 16, no. 8, Oct. pp 1451–1458Google Scholar
- 14.ETSI (1997) Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television (DVB-T) European Telecommunication Standard. ETS 300 744, Mar.Google Scholar