Denoising in the Wavelet Domain Using Double Filtering
The modern era is moving towards handheld miniature devices with all kinds of video, audio, imaging, and gaming applications supported. The applications are no longer looking forward to personal computer-based platforms. Handheld devices or mobile devices have limitations, however. The major challenges faced today in designing embedded systems for imaging applications are memory and computational requirements to achieve the same quality as desktop applications. One such application that demands a very high picture quality and memory requirements, is a medical imaging system.
KeywordsLittle Mean Square Digital Signal Processor Noisy Image Haar Wavelet Wavelet Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Resnikoff HL andWells RO (1998) Wavelet Analysis. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- 3.Muller P and Vidakovic B (1999) Bayesian Inference in Wavelet Based Models Chapter 18, Lecture Notes in Statistics, vol 141 Springer-Verlag, New York, pp 291–308Google Scholar
- 5.Strela V (2000) Denoising via block wiener filtering in the wavelet domain. 3rd European Congress of Mathematics, Barcelona. Verlag, BirkhauserGoogle Scholar
- 7.Proakis JG and Monalakis DG (2001) Digital Signal Processing. 3rd EdGoogle Scholar
- 8.Gonzalez RC and Woods RE (2002) Digital Image Processing. 2nd EdGoogle Scholar
- 9.Pratt WK (2001) Digital Image Processing. 3rd EdGoogle Scholar
- 10.Haykins S (2002) Adaptive Filter Theory. 4th EdGoogle Scholar
- 11.Hooli K (2001) Adaptive filters/LMS algorithm. University of Oulu.Google Scholar
- 12.Treicher JR, Johnson CR and Larimore MJ (2001) Theory and design of adaptive filters. Eastern Economy Edition. Wiley-Interscience. USAGoogle Scholar
- 13.Prandoni P and Vitterli M (1998) An FIR cascade structure for Adaptive Linear Prediction. IEEE transactions on signal processing. vol 46, no 9Google Scholar
- 14.Raj BP and Ramachandran V (2006) Performance analysis of adaptive estimation and non-linear filtering on the enhancement of medical Images. International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control, India. August 2006Google Scholar