Interactive Meta-Goal Programming: A Decision Analysis Approach for Collaborative Manufacturing
The benefits of collaborative manufacturing are widely recognized by both the industry and the academic world. However, the engagement of collaborative manufacturing for small and medium manufacturing enterprises (SMMEs) has proven to be a challenging task. One critical obstacle is that decision makers are constantly haunted by reoccurring complex decision making aiming toward the attainment of strategic objectives for collaborative manufacturing. The focus of this study is thus to develop an interactive meta-goal programming (IMGP) -based decision analysis framework to support the decision-making processes for collaborative manufacturing. The framework will have a critical positive impact on the operation of SMMEs engaging in collaborative manufacturing, as the accuracy and efficiency of their collaborative decision-making processes will be significantly improved.
KeywordsDecision Maker Priority Level Decision Outcome Goal Function Delphi Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. Bilbao, D. del Pozo, D.J.M. Lopez, and I. Etxaniz (2004) The collaborative manufacturing approach. In IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 3.H.A. Simon (1977) The new science of management decision. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ.Google Scholar
- 4.E. Turban, J.E. Aronson, and T.P. Liang (2005) Decision support systems and intelligent systems, 7th edition. Pearson Education, Upper Saddle River, NJ.Google Scholar
- 10.T.L. Satty (1980) The analytic hierarchy process. McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- 11.Lindo Systems Inc. (2006) Web site Lindo API. http://www.lindo.com/, accessed April 28, 2006.
- 12.M. Turoff and S.R. Hiltz (1995) Computer based Delphi processes. In M. Adler and E. Ziglio (eds.), Gazing into the oracle: The Delphi method and its application to social policy and public health. Jessica Kingsley Publisher, London.Google Scholar