Proteomics Profiling of the Cone Photoreceptor Cell Line, 661W
Cultured retinal cells are convenient experimental systems offering great advantages in the assessment of numerous retinal processes. The two most important advantages are the ease of evaluation of an isolated cellular function without the effects of other retinal cell types and an avoidance of use of the more costly animal research. The Two obvious disadvantages are the loss of the architecture of the native tissue, and lack of functional influence of other retinal cell types. However, for most of the research applications, the advantages of use of in vitro systems offset the potential limitations.
KeywordsInternal Ribosomal Entry Site Retinal Cell Amacrine Cell Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy Peptide Mass Fingerprint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Al-Ubaidi, M. R., Font, R. L., Quiambao, A. B., Keener, M. J., Liou, G. I.,Overbeek, P. A., & Baehr, W. (1992). Bilateral retinal and brain tumors in transgenic mice expressing simian virus 40 large T antigen under control of the human interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein promoter. J. Cell Biol., 119, 1681–1687.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Bernstin, S. L., Kutty, G., Wiggert, B., Albert, D. M., & Nickerson, J. M. (1994). Expression of retina-specific genes by mouse retinoblastoma cells. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., 35, 3931–3937.Google Scholar
- Carr, S.,Aebersold, R., Baldwin, M., Burlingame, A., Clauser, K., & Nesvizhskii, A. (2004). The need for guidelines in publication of peptide and protein identification data: working group on publication guidelines for peptide and protein identification data. Mol. Cell Proteomics., 3, 531–533.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hsu, S. C. & Molday, R. S. (1991). Glycolytic enzymes and a GLUT-1 glucose transporter in the outer segments of rod and cone photoreceptor cells. J. Bio. Chem., 266, 21745–21752.Google Scholar
- Nicolas, M. G., Fujiki, K., Murayama, K., Suzuki, M. T., Mineki, R., Hayakawa, M. et al., (1996). Studies on the mechanism of early onset macular degeneration in cynomolgus (Macaca fascicularis) monkeys. I. Abnormal concentrations of two proteins in the retina. Exp. Eye Res., 62, 211–219.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Odievre, M. H., MAChretien, D., Munnich, A., Robinson, B. H., Dumoulin, R.,Masmoudi, S. et al., (2005). A novel mutation in the dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase E3 subunit gene (DLD) resulting in an atypical form of alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase deficiency. Hum. Mutat., 25, 323–324.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Soderberg, M., Raffalli-Mathieu, F., & Lang, M. A. (2002). Inflammation modulates the interaction of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) I/polypyrimidine tract binding protein and hnRNP L with the 3’untranslated region of the murine inducible nitric-oxide synthase mRNA. Mol. Pharmacol., 62, 423–431.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar