The first aspect deals with the generation and collection of data, such as a new customer order that enters the system. New data is generated when transactions take place; new data is also collected from a variety of internal and external sources by data collection systems.
KeywordsForecast Error Shop Floor Customer Order Enterprise Resource Planning Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Box GEP, Jenkins GM (1976) Time series analysis: Forecasting and control, 2nd ed. Holden-Day, Oakland, CAGoogle Scholar
- Gleans JU, Oram EA, Wiggins PW (1993) Accounting information systems, 2nd ed. South-Western Publishing, Cincinnati, OHGoogle Scholar
- Laudon KC, Laudon JP (1995) Essentials of management information systems: Organization and technology. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJGoogle Scholar
- Sauter, VL (1997) Decision support systems: An applied managerial approach. Wiley, New York, NYGoogle Scholar
- Thalheim B (2000) Entity-relationship modeling: Foundations of database technology. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar