Modeling Medium Access Control Protocols
KeywordsMedium Access Control Contention Window Maximum Throughput Distribute Coordination Function Central Controller
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.S. Tanenbaum, Computer Networks, Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Roberts, “Extension of frame communication technology to a hand held personal terminal”, NCC, AFIPS, pp. 711–716, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Keshav, An Engineering Approach to Computer Networks, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Massachusetts, 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.M.E. Woodward, Communication and Computer Networks, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, California, 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Leon-Garcia and I. Widjaja, Communication Networks, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.D.B. Jhonson and D.A. Maltz, “Dynamic source routing in Ad Hoc wireless networks”, in Mobile Computing, T. Imielinski and H. Korth, Eds., Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.P. Karn, “MACA - A new channel access method for frame radio”, ARRL/CRRL Amateur Radio 9th Computer Networking Conference, September,1990.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Weinmiller, H. Woesner, and A. Wolisz, “Analyzing and improving the IEEE 802.11-MAC protocol for wireless LANs”, Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS’96), pp. 200–206, February, 1996.Google Scholar
- 12.S. Khurana, A. Kahol, S.K.S. Gupta, and P.K. Srimani, “Performance evaluation of distributed coordination function for IEEE802.11 wireless LAN protocol in presence of mobile and hidden terminals”, Proceedings of 7th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, pp. 40–47, Oct. 1999.Google Scholar
- 13.J. Liu, D.M. Nicol, L.F. Perrone, and M. Liljenstam, “Towards high performance modeling of the 802.11 wireless protocol”, Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, vol. 9, pp. 1315–1320, December 2001.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag US 2008