The Cosmonaut group of RKK Energiya
The design bureau headed by Sergey Korolyov was formed on 26 April 1950, after the old NII was split into two, with Korolyov now heading OKB-1 (Test Construction Bureau No 1), reflecting the importance of rocket design within the Soviet Military complex. OKB-1 was responsible for designing the R-7 booster, Sputnik, planetary craft and the first manned spaceship, ‘Vostok’. It was based in Podlipki (which was renamed Kaliningrad in 1926).
KeywordsState Commission Basic Training Deputy Director Design Bureau Medical Commission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Thorny Road to the Stars, Spaceflight, 44, September 2002, p 381–383, Aleksandr ZheleznyakovGoogle Scholar
- 2.Novosti Kosmonavtiki, 20 May–2 June 1996Google Scholar
- 3.Letter to Spaceflight, January 1994, from Vadim MolchanovGoogle Scholar
- 4.TASS, 10 May 94Google Scholar
- 5.Novosti Kosmonavtiki, 23 April–6 May 1994Google Scholar