Software is a core component of any system intended to support image-guided surgery interventions. This chapter describes some of the important considerations that should be kept in mind when designing, implementing, and using software as a component of an image-guided surgery system. Particular emphasis is given to quality control and the principles of software design for safety-critical applications.
KeywordsState Machine Test Suite Application Programming Interface Code Coverage Fault Tree Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CMake. “CMake Cross Platform Make.” <http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Index.html> (October 15, 2007).
- Dart.“Dart: Tests, Reports, and Dashboards.”<http://public.kitware.com/Dart/HTML/Index.shtml > (October 15, 2007).
- DOC++. “DOC++.” <http://docpp.sourceforge.net/> (October 15, 2007).
- Doxygen. “Doxygen: Source Code Documentation Generator Tool.” <http://www.stack.nl/∼dimitri/doxygen/> (October 15, 2007).
- FDA. (1999). “Guidance for Industry, FDA Reviewers and Compliance on Off-the-Shelf Software Use in Medical Devices.” Services USDoHaH, ed., FDA Office of Device Evaluation, 1-29.Google Scholar
- FDA. (2000). “Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR Part 11) Electronic Records; Electronic Signatures.” Affairs OoR, ed.Google Scholar
- FDA. (2002). “General Principles of Software Validation; Final Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Devices and Radiological Health.Google Scholar
- FDA. (2005). “Guidance for the Content of Premarket Submissions for Software Contained in Medical Devices - Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff.” Administration USDoHaHSFaD, ed., 23.Google Scholar
- GNU. (1998). “GNU gprof Free Software Foundation.” <http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/manual/gprof-2.9.1/gprof.html>.
- IGSTK. “IGSTK: The Image-Guided Surgery Toolkit.”<http://www.igstk.org/index.htm> (October 15, 2007).
- ITK. “ITK: The National Library of Medicine Insight Segmentation and Regis-tration Toolkit.” <http://www.itk.org/> (October 15, 2007).
- JUnit. “JUnit.org.” <http://www.junit.org/> (October 15, 2007).
- Kitware.“KWStyle the Source Checker.” <http://public.kitware.com/KWStyle>(October 15, 2007).
- Microsoft.(2004).“Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition(Retail) End-User License Agreement for Microsoft Software.”<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/eula.mspx> (October 15, 2007).
- Open Source Initiative. <www.opensource.org> (October 15, 2007).
- Sun Microsystems. “Javadoc Tool Version 1.5.” <http://docpp.sourceforge.net/> (October 15, 2007).
- VTK. “The Visualization Toolkit.” <http://www.vtk.org/> (October 15, 2007).
- VTune. “Intel VTune Performance Analyzer.” <http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/vtune/239144.htm> (October 15, 2007).