Differential Geometry of Submanifolds of Projective Space
These are lecture notes on the rigidity of submanifolds of projective space “resembling” compact Hermitian symmetric spaces in their homogeneous embeddings. The results of [16, 20, 29, 18, 19, 10, 31] are surveyed, along with their classical predecessors. The notes include an introduction to moving frames in projective geometry, an exposition of the Hwang-Yamaguchi ridgidity theorem and a new variant of the Hwang-Yamaguchi theorem.
KeywordsProjective Space Fundamental Form Hermitian Symmetric Space Differential Invariant Segre Variety
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Fubini, Studi relativi all’elemento lineare proiettivo di una ipersuperficie, Rend. Acad. Naz. dei Lincei (1918), 99–106.Google Scholar
- J.-M. Hwang, Geometry of minimal rational curves on Fano manoflds, ICTP lecture notes, www.ictp.trieste.it./~pub_off/services.Google Scholar
- W.V.D. Hodge AND D. Pedoe, Methods of algebraic geometry, Vol. II, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1994), p. 394+.Google Scholar
- T. Ivey AND J.M. Landsberg, Cartan for beginners: differential geometry via moving frames and exterior differential systems, Graduate Studies in Mathematics, 61, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2003, MR2003610.Google Scholar
- —, Algebraic geometry and projective differential geometry, Seoul National University concentrated lecture series 1997, Seoul National University Press, 1999, MR1712467.Google Scholar
- —, Legendrian varieties, math.AG/0407279. To appear in Asian Math. J.Google Scholar
- J.M. Landsberg AND C. Robles, Pubin’s theorem in codimension two, preprint math.AG/0509227.Google Scholar
- C. Robles, Rigidity of the adjoint variety of sin, preprint math.DG/0608471.Google Scholar
- T. Sasaki, K. Yamaguchi, AND M. Yoshida, On the rigidity of differential systems modelled on Hermitian symmetric spaces and disproofs of a conjecture concerning modular interpretations of configuration spaces, in CR-geometry and overdetermined systems (Osaka, 1994), 318–354, Adv. Stud. Pure Math., 25, Math. Soc. Japan, Tokyo, 1997.Google Scholar