A Packet Detection Algorithm for the UWB Standard ECMA 368
In this paper we present a packet detection technique developed in the context of a Italian national research project aiming at developing the “Enabling blocks for the integration in CMOS technology of a Multi-Band OFDM transceiver,” adhering to the recent ECMA 368 standard. The paper deals with the digital section of the receiver, and specifically with the identification of a low complexity packet detection technique. The chosen approach is a correlation receiver followed by a threshold comparison. Its performance is tested in a realistic scenario taking into account channel dispersion and receiver inaccuracies.
KeywordsOrthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex System Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Symbol Packet Error Rate Ultra Wide Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ECMA International, ECMA 368 Standard: High rate ultra wideband PHY and MAC standard, Dec. 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.WiMedia alliance. [Online]. Available: http://www.wimedia.org
- 12.G.G.Z. Tian, “A GLRT approach to data-aided timing acquisition in UWB radios - Part I and II,” IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun., vol. 4(5), pp. 1638-1645, 2994-3004, Nov. 2005.Google Scholar
- 15.J. Iinatti, “Perfor14. J.T. Lai, C.Y. Chu, A.Y. Wu, W.C. Chen, “A Robust Band-Tracking Packet De-tector (BT-PD) in OFDM-Based Ultra-Wideband Systems,” in SIPS 06. IEEE, Oct. 2006, pp. 165-170.mance of ds code acquisition in static and fading multipath channels,” IEE Proc. Commun., vol. 147(6), pp. 355-360, Dec. 2000.Google Scholar
- 17.V. Rizzi, “Packet detection and frame timing acquisition in UWB MB-OFDM systems,” Master’s thesis, University of Padova, Italy, Oct. 2006.Google Scholar
- 18.J. Foerster, Ed., “IEEE802.15-02/490 - Channel modeling sub-committee report final,” Tech. Rep. [Online]. Available: http://ieee802.org/15
- 19.J.J. Spilker, Digital communications by satellite. Prentice Hall, 1997.Google Scholar