SignetLab2: A Modular Management Architecture for Wireless Sensor Networks
Large-scale deployed sensor networks have a wide range of possible applications, including a number of types of environmental monitoring. The primary challenge to designing deployable sensor network applications lies in the difficulty of building and managing testbeds. The main contribution of this work is a sensor network management system, called SignetLab2, that allows the control, visualization, and reprogramming of deployed sensor networks. This system facilitates rapid testing and debugging of sensor network applications on deployed networks. To show the ability of our management system, we also present the design of a fire alarm application for sensor networks. This application was designed and tested through the use of the SignetLab2 management system.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Duty Cycle Network Lifetime
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Crepaldi, S. Friso, A. I. Harris, M. Mastrogiovanni, C. Petrioli, M. Rossi, A. Zanella, and M. Zorzi. The design, deployment, and analysis of signetlab: A sensor network testbed and interactive management tool. In IEEE Tridentcom, May 2007Google Scholar
- 2.R. Crepaldi, A. Harris, A. Scarpa, A. Zanella, and M. Zorzi. Signetlab: deployable sensor network testbed and management tool. In SenSys ’06: Proceedings of the 4th international conference on Embedded networked sensor systems, pages 375-376, 2006Google Scholar
- 3.Infineon, Ltd. EyesIFXv2 version 2.0. http://www.infineon.com
- 4.D. Johnson, T. Stack, R. Fish, D. Flickinger, L. Stoller, R. Ricci, and J. Lepreau. Mobile Emulab: A Robotic Wireless and Sensor Network Testbed. In IEEE INFOCOM, April 2006Google Scholar
- 5.G. Werner-Allen, P. Swieskowski, and M. Welsh. Motelab: A wireless sensor network testbed. In IEEE/ACM IPSN/SPOTS, April 2005Google Scholar
- 6.M. Zorzi and R. Rao. Geographic random forwarding (GeRaF) for ad hoc and sensor networks: energy and latency performance. IEEE Trans. on Mobile Com-puting, vol. 2, pp. 349-364, October-December 2003Google Scholar
- 7.M. Zorzi and R. Rao. Geographic Random Forwarding (GeRaF) for ad hoc and sensor networks: multihop performance. IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, vol. 2, pp. 337-348, October-December 2003Google Scholar