Increasing Performance of Fingerprint Recognition Systems Using Reconstruction of Ridge Lines Methods
The paper compares methods can be used for increasing recognition rate of fingerprint recognition systems using idea of reconstructing ridgelines. Some of methods useful for that purpose can be found in literature. The paper proposes such methods for increasing recognition rate in connection with image enhancement methods. There is also discussed influence of global image enhancement methods for reconstruction of ridge lines in the digital fingerprint image and the assertion is introduced that performance of recognition of fingerprint ridge lines can’t be performed without preceding global image enhancement stage.
KeywordsReconstruction Method Image Enhancement Gabor Filter Fingerprint Image Ridge Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dario Maio, Davide Maltoni, “Direct Grey-Scale Minutiae Detection In Fingerprints”, IEEE Transaction On Pattern Analysis And Machine Intelligence, Vol. 19, No. 1. Jan. 1997.Google Scholar
- Nalini K. Ratha, Kalle Karu, Shaoyun Chen, Anil. K. Jain, “A Real - Time Matching System for Large Fingerprint Databases, IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 18, No. 8. Jan. 1996.Google Scholar
- J.H. Wegstein, “An automated Fingerprint Identification System”, US Government Publication, Washington, 1982.Google Scholar
- Tai Sing Lee, “Image Representation Using 2D Gabor Wavelets”, IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 18, No. 10, Oct 1996.Google Scholar
- Lin Hong, Yifei Wan, Anil Jain, “Fingerprint Image Enhancement: Algorithm and Performance Evaluation”, IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 20, No. 8. Jan. 1998.Google Scholar
- Sherlock, Monro, Millard, “Fingerprint enhancement by directional Fourier filtering”, IEEE Proc. Visual. Image Signal Process. 141 (2) (1994) 7.Google Scholar