When a Family of Iris Flower is Normal, Then are Others Abnormal?
This article is not a report of success but rather a challenge to those who claim to have successfully designed a network intrusion detection system by means of a machine learning technique using arti.cial dataset to train and to test the system.
KeywordsFalse Alarm Rate Intrusion Detection Intrusion Detection System Attack Data Attack Detector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Imada (2006) “How Many Parachutists will be Needed to Find a Needle in a Pastoral? – Who is a lucky one?” Proceedings of the International Conference on Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence, pp. 53–60.Google Scholar
- G. Castellano, and A. M. Fanelli(2000) “Fuzzy Inference and Rule Extraction using a Neural Network.” Neural Network World Journal Vol. 3, pp. 361–371.Google Scholar
- M. Sabhnani, and G. Serpen (2003) “Application of Machine Learning Algorithms to KDD Intrusion Detection Dataset within Misuse Detection Context.” Proceedings of the International Conference on Machine Learning: Models, Technologies and Applications, pp. 209–215.Google Scholar
- M. Ayara, J. Timmis, R. D. Lemos, L. N. D. Castro, and R. Duncan (2002) “Negative Selection: How to Generate Detectors.” Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Artificial Immune Systems, pp. 89–98.Google Scholar
- J. Gomez, F. Gonzalez, and D. Dasgupta (2003) “An Immuno-Fuzzy Approach to Anomaly Detection.” Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 2, pp. 1219–1224.Google Scholar