Ultrawideband Band-Notched U-Shape Folded Monopole Antenna and its Radiation Characteristics
The demands for high-speed, high-capacity, low-cost indoor wireless communications have been raised rapidly in recent years. While the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n standards are proposed for the wireless local-area networks (WLANs), the IEEE 802.15.3a standard is now developed to fulfill the needs of wireless personal-area networks (WPANs). The WPANs, mainly serving as cable eliminators in personal multimedia equipments, feature much higher data rates but shorter transmission range than the WLANs, which aim at managing the outgoing data communications over the Internet. Instead of competing with, the WPANs actually complement the WLANs to satisfy the diverse requirements in indoor wireless applications.
KeywordsRadiation Pattern Group Delay Capacitive Loading Impedance Bandwidth Rejection Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. G. Schantz, G. Wolence, and E. M. Myszka, Frequency notched UWB antenna, in Proc. IEEE UWBSTConf., 214-214 (Reston, VA, November 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Z. N. Low, J. H. Cheong, and C. L. Law, Low cost PCB antenna for UWB application, Antennas Wireless Propaga. Lett. 4, 237-239 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.D. C. Chang, M. Y. Liu, C. H. Lin, A CPW-fed U type monopole antenna for UWB application,, in IEEE AP-S Int. Symp. Dig. 2A, 512-515(Washington DC, July 3-8 2005).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Jung, W. Choi, and J. Choi, A small wideband microstrip-fed monopole antenna, IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett. 15(10), 703-705 (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.E. G. Farr and C. E. Baum, Extending the definitions of antenna gain and radiation pattern into time domain,” in ‘Sensor and simulation note’ note 350, Air Force Research Laboratory (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.C. E. Baum, E. G. Farr and C. A. Frost, Transient gain of antennas related to the traditional continuous-wave (CW) definition of gain, Ultra-Wideband Short-Pulse Electromagnetics 4, 109-118, (1998).Google Scholar
- 11.B. Scheers, M. Acheroy and A. Vander Vorst, Time-domain simulation and characterisation of TEM horns using a normalised impulse response, IEE Proc.-Microw. Antennas Propag. 147(12), 463-468 (2000).Google Scholar