Advocacy, Activism, Community and the AIDS Response in Africa
KeywordsCivil Society World Trade Organization Global Fund Southern African Development Community Public Health Response
- AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power (1992). New York (September 26, 2007) http://www. actupny.org/documents/cron-92.html
- AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power (1996). New York (September 26, 2007) http://www. actupny.org/Vancouver/sawyerspeech.html.
- AIDS in Africa. Inflationary statistics distort the truth. (1993) British Medical Journal 306, 1691Google Scholar
- Ainsworth M. (1998) Setting government priorities in preventing HIV/AIDS. Finance & Development, 18–21.Google Scholar
- Berhman, G. (2004). The Invisible People: How the US has slept through the Global AIDS pandemic, the greatest humanitarian catastrophe of our time. New York, Free Press.Google Scholar
- Cameron, E. (2000) Human Rights and HIV/AIDS: The Jonathan Mann Memorial Lecture. Presented at the 13 th International AIDS Conference, Durban, South Africa.Google Scholar
- D’Adesky A. (2004). Moving Mountains: The Race to Treat Global AIDS. New York, Verso Press.Google Scholar
- De Waal, A. (1998) Famine Crimes: Politics and the Disaster Relief Industry in Africa. Indiana, Indiana University Press.Google Scholar
- Farmer, P.E., Nizeye, B., Stulac, S. & Keshavjee, S. (2003) Structural violence and clinical medicine. PLoSMed., 1, e449.Google Scholar
- Friedman, S. & Mottiar, S. (2004) A Moral to the Tale: The Treatment Action Campaign and the Politics of HIV/AIDS (A case study for the University of Kwazulu Natal project: Globalization, Marginalization and New Social Movements in post-Apartheid South Africa, 2004).Google Scholar
- Hancock, G. (1989) Lords of Poverty: The Power, Prestige and Corruption of the International Aid Business. Atlantic Monthly Press.Google Scholar
- Health GAP (1999). Philadelphia (September 24, 2007); http://www.healthgap.org/ hgap/Timeline_of_HGAP_1999-2000.html.
- Médecins Sans Frontières & Cipla. (2001) Progress Reported on Implementation of Offer for More Affordable Anti-AIDS Drugs: A Joint Statement. (September 24, 2007); http://lists.essential.org/pipermail/pharmpolicy/2001February/000717.html.
- Medicins Sans Frontieres (2001a) A Matter of Life and Death: The Role of Patents in Essential Medicines: MSF Briefing for the 4th WTO Ministerial in Doha, Qatar.Google Scholar
- Over, M. (1992) The Macroeconomic Impact of AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa. Washington, D.C.: The World Bank.Google Scholar
- Roy, A. (2004) An Ordinary Person’s Guide to Empire. London: South End Press.Google Scholar
- Russell S. AIDS activists in uproar over official’s remarks on Africa. (2001, June 8) San Francisco Chronicle; p A5.Google Scholar
- Smith, R.A. & Siplon, P.D. (2006) Drugs into Bodies: Global AIDS Treatment Activism. Connecticut, Praeger Publishers.Google Scholar
- Treatment Action Campaign (1998). (September 26, 2007) http://www.tac.org.za/ treat.html
- UNAIDS. (2004) South Africa: Epidemiological Fact Sheet on HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections. Switzerland, UNAIDS.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008