Interoperability of Grid component models: GCM and CCA case study
This paper presents a case study in the generic design of Grid component models. It defines a framework allowing two component systems, one running in a CCA environment, and another running in a Fractal environment, to interact as if they were elements of the same system. This work demonstrates the openness of both Fractal and CCA component models. It also gives a very generic and exhaustive overview of the interaction strategies that can be adopted to allow full integration of these two models, like strategies for reusing in Fractal single components from the CCA world and connecting a Fractal system to an already running CCA assembly. Finally, it presents the implementation and results of investigation of interoperability between two given component frameworks: MOCCA and ProActive. In generall, this paper presents the key concepts useful to make any two component models interoperate.
KeywordsComponent Model Fractal Interface Grid Application Fractal Component Component Framework
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CoreGRID Programming Model Virtual Institute. Basic features of the grid component model (assessed), 2006. Deliverable D.PM.04, CoreGRID, http://www.coregrid. net.
- M. Aldinucci et al. Building interoperable grid-aware ASSIST applications via WebServices. In PARCO 2005: Parallel Computing, pages 145-152, Malaga, Spain, 2005.Google Scholar
- F. Baude et al. From distributed objects to hierarchical grid components. volume 2888 of LNCS, pages 1226 - 1242. Springer, 2003.Google Scholar
- V. Getov and T. Kielmann, editors. Component Models and Systems for Grid Applications. Springer, 2005.Google Scholar
- S. R. Kohn et al. Divorcing Language Dependencies from a Scientific Software Library. In Proc. of the 10th SIAM Conf. on Parallel Processing for Sci. Comp., Portsmouth, USA, Mar. 2001. SIAM.Google Scholar
- S. Krishnan and D. Gannon. XCAT3: A Framework for CCA Components as OGSA Services. In Proc. Int. Workshop on High-Level Parallel Progr. Models and Supportive Environments (HIPS), pages 90-97, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, Apr. 2004. IEEE.Google Scholar
- S. Lacour et al. Deploying CORBA components on a computational grid. volume 3083 of LNCS, pages 35 - 49. Springer, 2004.Google Scholar
- M. Malawski et al. MOCCA - towards a distributed CCA framework for metacomputing. In Proceedings of the 10th HIPS Workshop in Conjunction with IPDPS. IEEE, 2005.Google Scholar
- M. Malawski et al. Experiments with distributed component computing across grid boundaries. In Proceedings of the HPC-GECO/CompFrame workshop in conjunction with HPDC 2006, Paris, France, 2006.Google Scholar
- S. Parker et al. Integrating component-based scientific computing software. In M. A. Heroux et al., editors, Frontiers of Parallel Processing For Scientific Computing, chapter 15. SIAM, 2005.Google Scholar
- A. Vallecillo et al. Component interoperability. Technical Report ITI-2000-37, Departmento de Lenguajes y Ciencias de la Computacion, University of Malaga., 2000.Google Scholar