Information Quality Evaluation for Grid Information Services
The quality of the information provided by information services deployed in the EGEE production testbed differs from one system to another. Under the same conditions, the answers provided for the same query by different information services can be different. Developers of these services and of other services that are based on them must be aware of this fact and understand the capabilities and limitations of each information service in order to make appropriate decisions about which and how to use a specific information service. This paper proposes an evaluation framework for these information services and uses it to evaluate two deployed information services (BDII and RGMA) and one prototype that is under development (ActOn). We think that these experiments and their results can be helpful for information service developers, who can use them as a benchmark suite, and for developers of information-intensive applications that make use of these services.
KeywordsInformation Service Information Quality Information Model Grid Resource Virtual Organisation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- X. Zhang and J. Schopf, Performance analysis of the globus toolkit monitoring and discovery service, mds2, in the International Workshop on Middleware Performance (MP 2004), part of the 23rd International Performance Computing and Communications Workshop (IPCCC), April 2004.Google Scholar
- Berkeley Database Information Index (BDII), http://lfield.home.cern.ch/lfield/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?area=bdiipage=documentation.
- E. W. Team, EDG RGMA, www.marianne.in2p3.fr/datagrid/documentation/rgma-guide.pdf.
- W. Xing, O. Corcho, C. Goble, and M. Dikaiakos, A Grid Information Service based on an Intelligent Information Integration Architecture, in Europe Semantic Web Conference 2007 (ESWC-2007), 2007, Poster.Google Scholar
- M. Parkin, S. van den Burghe, O. Corcho, D. Snelling, and J. Brooke, The Knowledge of the Grid: A Grid Ontology, in Proceedings of the 6th Cracow Grid Workshop, Cracow, Poland, October 2006.Google Scholar
- OntoGrid CVS, http://www.ontogrid.net/ontogrid/downloads.jsp.
- B. Hughes, Metadata quality evaluation: Experience from the open language archives community, in ICADL, 2004, pp. 320 329.Google Scholar