Synthetic Coordinates for Disjoint Multipath Routing
We address the problem of routing packets on multiple, router-disjoint, paths in the Internet using large-scale overlay networks. Multipath routing can improve Internet QoS, by routing around congestions. This can benefit interactive and other real-time applications.
KeywordsRelay Node Forward Error Correction Overlay Network Path Disjointness Path Diversity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. G. Andersen, H. Balakrishnan, M. F. Kaashoek, and R. Morris. Resilient overlay networks. In Proceedings of ACM SOSP, 2001.Google Scholar
- D.G. Bonett. Sample Size Requirements for Estimating Pearson, Kendall and Spearman Correlations InPsychometrika, 2000.Google Scholar
- R. Cox, F. Dabek, F. Kaashoek, J. Li, and R. Morris. Practical, distributed network coordinates. In ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, 2004.Google Scholar
- T. Fei, S. Tao, L. Gao, and R. Guerin. How to Select a Good Alternate Path in Large Peer-to-Peer Systems. In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2006.Google Scholar
- N. Hu and P. Steenkiste. Quantifying Internet End-to-End Route Similarity. InPassive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM), 2006.Google Scholar
- A. Nakao, L. Peterson, and A. Bavier. A routing underlay for overlay networks. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, 2003.Google Scholar
- T. S. E. Ng and H. Zhang. Predicting Internet network distance with coordinates-based approaches. InProceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2002.Google Scholar
- T. Nguyen and A. Zakhor. Path diversity with forward error correction (PDF) system for packet switched networks. In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2003.Google Scholar
- N. Spring, R. Mahajan, D. Wetherall, and T. Anderson. Measuring ISP topologies with Rocketfuel. InIEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2004.Google Scholar
- L. Subramanian, I. Stoica, H. Balakrishnan, and R. H. Katz. OverQoS: An Overlay Based Architecture for Enhancing Internet QoS. In Proc. NSDI, 2004.Google Scholar
- B. Zhang, T. S. E. Ng, A. Nandi, R. Riedi, P. Druschel, and G. Wang. Measurement based analysis, modeling, and synthesis of the Internet delay space. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM on Internet measurement, 2006.Google Scholar
- M.G Kendall. A New Measure of Rank Correlation. InBiometrika, Vol. 30, No. 1/2, 81-93. Jun., 1938Google Scholar