Service Discovery with SWE-ET and DIANE - An In-depth Comparison By Means of a Common Scenario
Semantic service discovery and matchmaking has received increased attention within the last years. Various approaches have been proposed but agreed upon criteria how to objectively evaluate and compare these approaches are widely lacking. In this paper we present an in-depth comparison of two solutions to the discovery problems defined by the SWS-Challenge. By means of this common and independently developed scenario we can develop a much better understanding for the applied technologies in general, but also and in particular for the trade-offs involved in the different approaches.
KeywordsService Discovery Service Description Semantic Service Ontology Alignment Goal Class
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- dBBD+05. Jos de Bruijn, Christoph Bussler, John Domingue, Dieter Fensel, Mrtin Hepp, Uwe Keller, Michel Kifer, Birgitt König-Ries, Jcek Kopecky, Ruben Lr, Holger Lusen, Eyl Oren, Axel Polleres, Dumitru Romn, Jmes Sciclun, nd Michel Stollberg. Web service modeling ontology (wsmo). W3C Member Submission 3 June 2005, 2005Google Scholar
- DCC05. Emnuele Dell Vlle, Drio Cerizz, nd Irene Celino. The meditors centric pproch to utomtic web service discovery of glue. InMEDIATE2005, volume 168 ofCEUR Workshop Proceedings, pges 35–50. CEUR-WS.org, 2005Google Scholar
- KKR06. Ulrich Küster nd Birgitt König-Ries. Dynmic binding for BPEL processes - lightweight pproch fo integrte semntics into web services. InSecond Interntionl Workshop on Engineering Service-Oriented Applictions: Design nd Composition (WESOA06) t ICSOC06, Chicgo, Illinois, USA, December 2006Google Scholar
- KL89. M. Kifer nd G. Lusen. F-logic: A higher-order Language for resoning bout objects, inheritnce, nd scheme. InProc. ACM SIGMOD Conf., pge 134, Portlnd, OR, My-June 1989Google Scholar
- ZVM+07. Mciej Zremb, Toms Vitvr, Mtthew Morn, Mrco Brmbill, Stefno Ceri, Drio Cerizz, Emnuele Dell Vlle, Federico M. Fcc, nd Christin Tziviskou. Towrds semntic interoperbilty: In-depth comprison of two pproches to solve medition tsks. InComprtive Evlution of Semntic Web Service Frmeworks Specil Session t ICEIS 2007, 2007Google Scholar