Toward User Evaluation of IT Security Certification Schemes: A Preliminary Framework
This paper reports a preliminary framework that supports stakeholder evaluation, comparison and selection of IT Security Certification schemes. The framework may assist users in the selection of the most appropriate scheme to meet their particular needs.
KeywordsInformation Security Certification Scheme Information Security Management Preliminary Framework Security Professional
- 1.M. Hentea, and H.S. Dhillon, Towards Changes in Information Security Education, Journal of Information Technology Education 5, 221–223 (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Tittel and K. Lindros, Analysis: The Vendor-neutral Security Certification Landscape, SearchSecurity.com, 26 September (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.APECTEL, IT Skills Report, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Telecommunications & Information Working Group e-Security Task Group, (March 2004); http://www.apectelwg.org Document number:telwg29/ESTG/05.
- 4.E. Tittel, Building a Career in Information Security, Certification Magazine April (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Bean, The Quest for the IT Security Professional, Certification Magazine November (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.E. Tittel, Security Certification: A Marketplace Overview, Certification Magazine February (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.M.E. Whitman, and H.J. Mattord, A Draft Model Curriculum for Programs of Study in Information Security and Assurance, Kennesaw State University, Georgia, 1–83 (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.T. Claburn, Security Pros get their Due, Information Week, 16 January, (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.B. Endicott-Popovsky, Ethics and Teaching Information Assurance, IEEE Security & Privacy Magazine, July/August, 65–67 (2003).Google Scholar
- 12.T. Facklam, Certification of Persons — ISO/IEC DIS 17024, ISO Bulletin October, 31–34(2002).Google Scholar
- 13.D. Frincke, Who Watches the Security Educators? IEEE Security & Privacy Magazine, May/June, 56–58 (2003).Google Scholar
- 16.ISO/IEC 17024, Conformity Assessment—General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification of Persons, 1–10 (2003).Google Scholar