- 2.9k Downloads
Transportation decisions in forestry appear in many planning situations and are often integrated with harvest planning as this step links supply with demand. At the same time, transportation corresponds to a large proportion of total operational costs and thus it is important to manage it efficiently. In this chapter we discuss how OR models and methods have been proposed and used to support forest transportation decisions in planning and scheduling.
KeywordsGeographical Information System Vehicle Rout Problem Demand Point Transportation Planning Network Flow Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Broman, H, Frisk, M., and Rönnqvist, M. 2006. Usage of OR tools for logistics support in forest operations at Sveaskog after the storm Gudrun, Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems, Logistics and Supply Chain, May 15–17, Lyon, France.Google Scholar
- Carlsson, D. and Rönnqvist, M. 1998. Tactical planning of forestry transportation with respect to backhauling, Report LiTH-MAI-R-1998-18, Linköping University, Sweden.Google Scholar
- Eriksson, J. and Rönnqvist, M. 2003. Decision support system/tools: Transportation and route planning: Åkarweb - a web based planning system. Proceedings of the Second Forest Engineering Conference, Växjö, May 12–15, Sweden, 48–57.Google Scholar
- Forsberg, M., Frisk, M., and Rönnqvist, M., 2005. FlowOpt - a decision support tool for strategic and tactical transportation planning in forestry, International Journal of Forest Engineering 16(2), 101–114.Google Scholar
- Flisberg P., Liden B. and Rönnqvist M. 2007. A Hybrid Methods Based on Linear Programming and Tabu Search for Routing of Logging Trucks, Scandinavian Working Papers in Economics, NHH Discussion Paper 14/2007.Google Scholar
- Frisk M., Jörnsten, K., Göthe-Lundgren, M. and Rönnqvist, M. 2006. Cost allocation in forestry operations, Proceedings of the 12th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing, May 17–19, Saint-Etienne, France.Google Scholar
- Linnainmaa, S., Savola, J., and Jokinen O. 1995. EPO: A knowledge based system for wood procurement management, Paper presented at the 7th Annual Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Montreal, Canada.Google Scholar
- Rönnqvist, M. and Ryan, D. 1995. Solving Truck Despatch Problem in Real Time, Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of the Operational Research Society of New Zealand, August 31-September 1, Wellington, New Zealand, 165–172.Google Scholar