Modeling Objects Dynamics in Conceptual Models
The paper discusses the problem of dynamics in conceptual models. The paper argues for the idea that also the conceptual elements of the reality should be viewable dynamically – as a process. Such view is the way to understanding the basic process constrains of the Real World, which is critically important for the correctness of business processes design.Two basic types of dynamics in the Real World are discussed – internal dynamics of objects on one hand (their life-cycles) and their behavior on the other hand (business processes). Possibilities of modeling object life-cycles are analyzed specifically regarding the UML. The rules for mutual consistency of different objects life cycles are de fined with the use of the structural coherency rules according to the theory of M.A. Jackson.
KeywordsBusiness Process Class Diagram Business Process Model Conceptual Object State Chart
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jackson, M.A. “Principles of Program Design”, Academic Press, London, 1975.Google Scholar
- Jackson, M.A.: System Development, Prentice-Hall Inc., Engle-wood Cliffs, NJ, 1982.Google Scholar
- Jackson M.A.: JSP in Perspective; in Software Pioneers: Contribu-tions to Software Engineering; Manfred Broy, Ernst Denert eds; Springer, 2002.Google Scholar
- Kobryn, C “Introduction to UML: Structural Modeling and Use Cases“, Object Modeling with OMG - UML Tutorial Series: www.omg.org, 2000.
- Marca, D., McGowan, C., IDEF0: Business Process and Enterprise Modeling, Eclectic Solutions, 1992.Google Scholar
- Repa V. “Seeking the Actual Reasons for the “New Paradigm“ in the Area of IS Analysis“, Proceedings of the ISD 94 International Conference, Bled, 1994.Google Scholar
- Repa V. “Object Life Cycle Modeling in the Client-Server Applica-tions Development Using Structured Methodology“, Proceedings of the ISD 96 International Conference, Sopot, 1996.Google Scholar
- Repa V. “Information systems development methodology - the BPR challenge“, Proceedings of the ISD99 International Conference, Kluwer Academics, Boise, ID, 1999.Google Scholar
- Repa V. “Process Diagram Technique for Business Processes Model-ing“, Proceedings of the ISD2000 International Conference, Kluwer Academics, Kristiansand, Norway, 1999.Google Scholar
- Repa V. “Business System Modeling Specification“, Proceedings of the CCCT2003 International Conference, IIIS, Orlando, FL, 2003.Google Scholar
- UML “ OMG Unified Modeling Language Specification, v. 1.5. document ad/03-03-01, Object Management Group, March 2003.”Google Scholar
- UML Superstructure Specification, v2.0 document 05-07-04, Object Management Group, 2004.”Google Scholar
- Weisman, R.: Introduction to UML Based SW Development Process: www.softera.com, 1999.
- Yourdon, E.: Modern Structured Analysis, Prentice-Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1989Google Scholar