Securing Biometrics Applications
The biometrics techniques are developed to provide increased security features in computers systems, passports, identity cards, credit cards, organisation’s systems, and entry to government departments but now there has never been a proposed model on how best biometrics applications can be secured. The main biometric measures are fingerprints, palm, retinal scans, keystroke, voice recognition and facial scanning. To avoid people having to submit their biometric details on a number of occasions for different purposes, we are proposing that the biometric information should be based on the national ID card or centralised Passport database systems. Once a person has registered they can offer their permission to the bank to use their biometric data to validate transactions.
KeywordsSmart Card United Arab Emirate Credit Union Biometric System Initial Enrolment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Al mualla, M., 2005. The UAE iris expellees tracking and Border control system, http://www.biometrics.org/bc2005/Presentations/Conference/2%20Tuesday%20September%2020/Tue_Ballroom%20B/Lt.%20Mohammad%20UAE2005.pdf, (August 29, 2007).Google Scholar
- Azenabor, C, E., and Shoniregun, C, A., 2007, ‘Electronic Government Security Measures’, Proceedings of the 7th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Business, May 24–27, 2007, Honolulu, Hawaii. USA.Google Scholar
- Benbasat, I., Goldstein, D. K., and Mead, M., 1987, ‘The case research strategy in studies of information systems’, MIS Quarterly, September, pp. 369–386.Google Scholar
- Cavoukian, A., and Stoianov, A., (2007), Biometric Encryption: A Positive-Sum Technology that Achieves Strong Authentication, Security AND Privacy, http://www.ipc.on.ca/images/Resources/up-lbio_encryp.pdf, (August 1, 2007).Google Scholar
- Galliers, R. D., 1992, ‘Information systems planning in the United Kingdom and Australia: a comparison of current practice’, Oxford Surveys in Information Technology.Google Scholar
- Petraborg J., and Scott D., 2006, Social Welfare Identity Management: Building the Business Case for Public Investment, http://www.eds.com/industries/government/journal/downloads/idm_journal_sect6.pdf (July 31, 2007).Google Scholar
- Shoniregun, C, A., 2005, Impacts and Risk Assessment of Technology for Internet Security: Enabled Information Small-Medium Enterprises (TEISMES), Springer, New York, USA.Google Scholar
- Shoniregun, C. A., 2007, Keynote address: ‘Application of Biometrics in Internet Protocol Security’, ECAI 2007, Pitesti, Romania.Google Scholar
- Souza, A., 2006, Biometrics Accessed, http://commercecan.ic.gc.ca/scdt/bizmap/interface2.nsf/vDownload/ISA_5540/$file/X_5014595.PDF, (August 1, 2007).Google Scholar
- Yin, R., 1994, Case Study Research, Design and Method, London: Sage.Google Scholar
- Zikmund, 1997, Business Research Methods, 5th ed., Sydney: The Dryden Press.Google Scholar