Variable selection in regression - estimation, prediction,sparsity, inference
Part of the Applied Bioinformatics and Biostatistics in Cancer Research book series (ABB)
KeywordsRidge Regression Model Selection Procedure Adaptive Lasso Smoothly Clip Absolute Deviation Oracle Property
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Candes, E. and Tao, T. (2007). The Dantzig selector: statistical estimation when p is much larger than n. The Annals of Statistics, 35(6):2312–2351.Google Scholar
- Donoho, D. and Stodden, V. (16–21 July 2006). Breakdown point of model selection when the number of variables exceeds the number of observations. In IJCNN '06. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 2006., pages 1916–1921.Google Scholar
- Fan, J. and Li, R. (2006). Statistical challenges with high dimensionality: feature selection in knowledge discovery. In Sanz-Sole, M., Soria, J., Varona, J., and Verdera, J., editors, Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, volume III, pages 595–622. European Mathematical Society, Zurich.Google Scholar
- Huang, J., Ma, S., and Zhang, C.-H. (2007). Adaptive Lasso for sparse high-dimensional regression models. Technical report, The University of Iowa.Google Scholar
- Leeb, H. and Pötscher, B. (2008a). Can one estimate the unconditional distribution of post-model-selection estimators? Econometric Theory, 24:338–376.Google Scholar
- Leng, C., Lin, Y., and Wahba, G. (2006). A note on the Lasso and related procedures in model selection. Statistica Sinica, 16(4):1273–1284.Google Scholar
- Stamey, T. A., Kabalin, J. N., McNeal, J. E., Johnstone, I. M., Freiha, F., Redwine, E. A., and Yang, N. (1989). Prostate specific antigen in the diagnosis and treatment of adenocarcinoma of the prostate. ii. radical prostatectomy treated patients. The Journal of Urology, 141(5):1076–1083.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Tibshirani, R. (1996). Regression shrinkage and selection via the Lasso. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, Methodological, 58:267–288.Google Scholar
- Zhao, P. and Yu, B. (2006). On model selection consistency of Lasso. Journal of Machine Learning Research, 7:2541–2567.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009