Molecular Biology and Pooling Design
The study of gene functions requires a high-quality DNA library. A large amount of testing and screening needs to be performed to obtain a high-quality DNA library. Therefore, the efficiency of testing and screening becomes very important. Pooling design is a very helpful tool, which has developed a lot of applications in molecular biology. In this chapter, we introduce recent developments in this research direction.
KeywordsGroup Testing Positive Clone Simplicial Complex Discrete Apply Mathematic Pooling Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. Z. Du and F. K. Hwang. Combinatorial Group Testing and Its Applications (2nd ed.), World Scientific, Singapore, 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Z. Du and F. K. Hwang. Pooling Designs: Group Testing in Biology, manuscript.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Z. Du and F. K. Hwang. Identifying d positive clones in the presence of inhibitors, manuscript.Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. D’ychkov, A. J. Macula, D. C. Torney, and P. A. Vilenkin. Two models of nonadaptive group testing for designing screening experiments. In Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Model-Oriented Designs and Analysis, pages 63–75, 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Farach, S. Kannan, E. Knill, and S. Muthukrishnan. Group testing problem with sequences in experimental molecular biology. In Proceedings of the Compression and Complexity of Sequences, pages 357–367, 1997.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Q. Ngo and D.-Z. Du. A survey on combinatorial group testing algorithms with applications to DNA library screening. In D.-Z. Du, P.M. Pardalos, and J. Wang, editors, Discrete Mathematical Problems with Medical Applications, pages 171–182. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2000.Google Scholar
- 14.M. V. Marathe, A. G. Percus, and D. C. Torney. Combinatorial optimization in biology, manuscript, 2000.Google Scholar
- 16.W. W. Paterson. Error Correcting Codes, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1961.Google Scholar
- 18.W. Wu, C. Li, and X. Huang. On error-tolerant DNA screening, submitted to Discrete Applied Mathematics.Google Scholar