KeywordsFiber Glass Heat Release Rate Mass Loss Rate Flame Propagation Critical Heat Flux
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Tewarson, SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering. (The National Fire Protection Association Press, Quincy, MA, 1995) pp. 3-53-3-124.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Tewarson, ‘‘Fire Hardening Assessment (FHA) Technology for Composite Systems’’, Technical Report ARL-CR-178, Contract DAAL01-93-M-S403, prepared by the Factory Mutual Research Cor-poration, Norwood, MA for the U.S. Army Research Laboratory, Watertown, MA., November 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Tewarson and M. M. Khan, ‘‘Flame Propagation for Polymers in Cylindrical Configuration and Vertical Orientation,’’ Twenty-Second Symposium (International) on Combustion, (The Combustion Insti- tute, Pittsburgh, PA, 1988) pp. 1231-1240.Google Scholar
- 11.Handbook of Plastics and Elastomers, edited by C. A. Harper (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1975).Google Scholar
- 12.C. J. Hilado, Flammability Handbook for Plastics, (Technomic Publi- cations, Stamford, CT, 1969).Google Scholar
- 13.A. Tewarson, J. L. Lee, and R. F. Pion, ‘‘The Influence of Oxygen Concentration on Fuel Parameters for Fire Modeling,’’ Eighteenth Symposium (International) on Combustion, (The Combustion Insti-tute, Pittsburgh, PA, 1981) pp. 563-570.Google Scholar
- 14.ASTM D 2863-70, Flammability of Plastics Using the Oxygen Index Method, (The American Society for Testing and Materials, Phila-delphia, PA, 1970).Google Scholar
- 15.J. G. Quintiere, The SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering, (The National Fire Protection Association Press, Quincy, MA, 1988) pp. 1-360-1-367.Google Scholar
- 16.ASTM E 1321-90 ‘‘Standard Test Method for Determining Material Ignition and Flame Spread Properties’’ (The American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, PA., 1990).Google Scholar
- 17.Specification Standard for Cable Fire Propagation, Class No. 3972, (Factory Mutual Research Corporation, Norwood, MA, 1989).Google Scholar
- 18.Approval Standard Class I for Conveyor Belting, Class No. 4998, (Factory Mutual Research Corporation, Norwood, MA, 1995).Google Scholar
- 19.C. F. Cullis and M. M. Hirschler, The Combustion of Organic Poly- mers, (Clarendon Press, Oxford, U.K., 1981).Google Scholar
- 20.J. G. Quintiere, V. Barbrauskas, L. Cooper, et al. ‘‘The Role of Aircraft Panel Materials in Cabin Fires and Their Properties’’, Final Report DOT/FAA/CT-84/30, (The Federal Aviation Administration, Atlantic City Airport, NJ, 1985).Google Scholar
- 22.W. M. Pitts, ‘‘The Global Equivalence Ratio Concept and the Predic- tion of Carbon Monoxide Formation in Enclosure Fires’’, Monograph 179,(National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburgh, MD, 1994).Google Scholar
- 23.L. Tsantarides and B. Ostman, ‘‘Smoke, Gas, and Heat Release Data for Building Products in the Cone Calorimeter’’, Technical Report I 8903013, (Swedish Institute for Wood Technology Research, Stock-holm, Sweden, 1989).Google Scholar
- 24.ASTM E 1354-90, ‘‘Standard Test Method for Heat and Visible Smoke Release Rates for Materials and Products Using Oxygen Consumption Calorimeter’’, (The American Society for Testing and Materials, Phila-delphia, PA, 1990).Google Scholar
- 25.ASTM E 906-83, ‘‘Standard Test Method for Heat and Visible Smoke Release Rates for Materials and Products’’ (The American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, PA., 1984).Google Scholar
- 26.E. D. Goldberg, ‘‘Black Carbon in the Environment-Properties and Distribution’’, (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1985).Google Scholar
- 27.Particulate Carbon Formation During Combustion, edited by D. C. Siegla and G. W. Smith, (Plenum Press, New York, 1981).Google Scholar
- 28.J. P. Stone, R. N. Hazlett, J. E. Johnson, et al. J. Fire and Flammability, 4,42 (1973).Google Scholar
- 29.D. J. Rasbash, ‘‘The Extinction of Fire with Plain Water: A Review’’, Fire Safety Science-Proceedings of the First International Symposium, (Hemisphere Publishing Co., New York, 1986) pp. 1145-1163.Google Scholar
- 30.‘‘Evaluation of Alternative In-Flight Fire Suppressants for Full-Scale Testing in Simulated Aircraft Engine Nacelles and Dry Bays’’, edited by W. L. Grosshandler, R. G. Gann, W. M. Pitt, (National Institute of Standard and Technology, Gaithersburgh, MD., 1994), Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- 31.E. W. Heinonen and S. R. Skaggs, ‘‘Fire Suppression and Inertion Testing of Halon 1301 Replacement Agents’’, Proceedings -Halon Alternates Technical Working Conference 1992, pp. 213-223. The University of New Mexico, New Mexico Engineering Research Insti- tute, (Center for Global Environmental Technologies, Albuquerque, NM, 1992).Google Scholar
- 32.K. Metchis, ‘‘The Regulation of Halon and Halon Substitutes’’, Pro- ceedings of the Halon Options Technical Working Conference 1994, pp. 7-30, The University of New Mexico, New Mexico Engineering Research Institute, (Center for Global Environmental Technologies, Albuquerque, NM, 1994).Google Scholar
- 33.V. Beck, ‘‘Performance-Based Fire Engineering Design and Its Appli- cation in Australia’’, Fire Safety Science, Fifth International Sympo-sium, pp. 23-40, International Association for Fire Safety Science, edited by Y. Hasemi, Japan, 1997.Google Scholar
- 34.B.J. Meacham, ‘‘Concepts of a Performance-Based Building Regula- tory System for the United States’’, Fifth International Symposium, pp. 701-712, International Association for Fire Safety Science, edited by Y. Hasemi, Japan, 1997.Google Scholar
- 35.ASTM’s Role in Performance-Based Fire Codes and Standards, edited by J.R. Hall, ASTM STP 1377, The American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, PA. 1999.Google Scholar
- 36.Worldwide Standards Service for Windows, HIS, Englewood, CO, 2002.Google Scholar
- 37.J. Troitzsch, ‘‘International Plastics Flammability Handbook-- Principles, Regulations, Testing and Approval’’, (Macmillan Publish-ing Co., Inc., New York, NY 1983).Google Scholar
- 38.A.H. Landrock, ‘‘Handbook of Plastics Flammability and Combustion Toxicology-Principles, Materials, Testing, Safety, and Smoke Inhal-ation Effects’’, (Noyes Publications, Park Ridge, NJ, 1983). 39. ‘‘Flammability Testing of Building Materials-An International Sur- vey’’, Document NO. TH 42126, British Standards Institution, Lon-don, UK, 2000.Google Scholar
- 40.A.D. Makower, ‘‘Fire Tests-Buildings Products, and Materials’’, Brit- ish Standards Institution, London, UK.Google Scholar
- 41.C.J. Hilado, ‘‘Flammability Test Methods Handbook’’, Technomic Publication, Westport, Conn, 1973.Google Scholar
- 42.European Committee for Standardization (CEN)(http://www. cenorm.be/).
- 43.FM Approval Standards (http://www.fmglobal.com/research_standard _testing/product_certification /approval_standards.html).
- 44.UL Standards (http://ulstandardsinfonet. ul.com/catalog/).
- 45.ISO Standards (http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/isoonline.frontpage).
- 46.ASTM Standards (http://www.astm.org).
- 47.B. Sundstrom, ‘‘European Classification of Building Products’’, Inter- flam’99, 8th International, Fire Science & Engineering Conference, 2, pp. 769- Interscience Communications, London, UK, 1999.Google Scholar
- 48.B. Sundstrom, and S.D. Christian, ‘‘What are the New Regulations, Euroclasses, and Test Methods Shortly to be Used Throughout Europe’’, Conference Papers, Fire and Materials, pp. 117-127, January 22-24, 2001, Interscience Communications, London, UK, 1999. FLAMMABILITY/925Google Scholar
- 49.F.B. Clarke, ‘‘Issues Associated with Combustibility Classification: Alternate Test Concepts’’, Fire Safety Science, Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium, pp. 165-175, International Association for Fire Safety Science, edited by Y. Hasemi, Japan, 1997.Google Scholar
- 50.‘‘Test Procedures and Performance Criteria for the Flammability and Smoke Emission Characteristics of Materials Used in Passenger Cars and Locomotive Cabs’’, Federal Register, Rules and Regulations, 64 (91), Wednesday, May 12, 1999.Google Scholar
- 51.Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration, Docket 90-A ‘‘Recommended Fire Safety Practices for Transit Bus and Van Materials Selection’’, Federal Register, 58(201), Wednesday, October 20,1993.Google Scholar
- 52.I.A. Benjamin, and C.H. Adams, ‘‘The Flooring Radiant Panel Test and Proposed Criteria’’, Fire Journal, 70 (2), 63-70, March 1976. 53. S. Davis, J.R. Lawson, and W.J. Parker, ‘‘Examination of the Variabil- ity of the ASTM E 648 Standard with Respect to Carpets’’, Technical Report NISTIR 89-4191, National Institute of Standards and Technol-ogy, Gaithersburg, MD, October 1989.Google Scholar
- 54.K. Tu, and S. Davis, ‘‘Flame Spread of Carpet Systems Involved in Room Fires’’, Technical Report NBSIR 76-1013, National B. 55. NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, Chapter 10 Annex, National Fire Codes- A Compilation of NFPA Codes, Standards, Recommended Practices and Guides, 5, pp. 101-306 to 101-307, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, MA 2000.Google Scholar
- 56.NFPA 318 ‘‘Standard for the Protection of Cleanrooms’’, National Fire Codes, 6, pp. 318-1 to 318-22, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, MA, 2000;Google Scholar
- 57.J.S. Newman, and A. Tewarson, ‘‘Flame Spread Behavior of Char- Forming Wall/Ceiling Insulation’’, Fire Safety Science, Third Inter-national Symposium, pp. 679-688, International Association for Fire Safety Science, edited by G. Cox and B. Langford, (Elsevier Applied Science, New York, NY, 1991).Google Scholar
- 58.B. Sundstrom, P.V. Hees, and P. Thureson, ‘‘Results and Analysis from Fire Tests of Building Products in ISO 9705, the Room/Corner Test; The SBI Research Program’’, Technical report SP-RAPP, 1998:11, Swedish National Testing and Research Institute, Fire Technology, Boras, Sweden 1998.Google Scholar
- 60.S.E. Dillon, ‘‘Analysis of the ISO 9705 Room/Corner Test: Simulation, Correlations, and Heat Flux Measurements’’, NIST-GCR-98-756, Na-tional Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 1998.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007