Polyomaviruses and Disease
KeywordsMerkel Cell Carcinoma Mouse Mammary Tumor Virus Hemorrhagic Cystitis SV40 Infection Umbilical Cord Blood Serum
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
The authors would like to acknowledge institutions providing financial support. Robert L. Garcea was supported by NIH/NCI grant CA37667 and Jaime M. Kean by NIH/NIAID grant T32 AI52066.
- Feng, H. Shuda, M. et al. (2008) “Clanal Integration of a Polyomavirus in human merkel cell carcinoma.” Science. 319 (5866):1096–100.Google Scholar
- Gardner SD (1973). “Prevalence in England of antibody to human polyomavirus (BK).” Journal of British Medicine i: 77–78.Google Scholar
- Gaynor, A., M. Nissen, M., D. et al. (2007) “Identification of a novel polyomavirus from patients with acute respiratory tract infections.” PLOS Pathog 3(5):e64.Google Scholar
- Hill, A. B. (1965). “The environment and disease: association or causation?” Proc R Soc Med 58: 293–300.Google Scholar
- Ramos, E., C. B. Drachenberg, et al. (2002). “BK virus nephropathy diagnosis and treatment: experience at the University of Maryland Renal Transplant Program.” Clin Transpl 13: 143–53.Google Scholar
- Rziha, H. J., B. H. Belohradsky, et al. (1978). “BK virus: II. Serologic studies in children with congenital disease and patients with malignant tumors and immunodeficiencies.” Med Microbiol Immunol (Berl) 165(2): 83–92.Google Scholar
- Rziha, H. J., G. W. Bornkamm, et al. (1978). “BK virus: I. Seroepidemiologic studies and serologic response to viral infection.” Med Microbiol Immunol (Berl) 165(2): 73–81.Google Scholar
- Stratton, K., D. A. Alamario, et al. (2003). Immunization Safety Review: SV40 Contamination of Polio Vaccine and Cancer, Institution of Medicine of the National Academies. Washington (DC): The National Academies Press, pp. 1–101.Google Scholar
- zur Hausen, H. and L. Gissmann (1979). “Lymphotropic papovaviruses isolated from African green monkey and human cells.” Med Microbiol Immunol (Berl) 167(3): 137–53.Google Scholar
© Springer Science + Business Media, LLC 2009