Structure Prediction of Protein Complexes
Protein-protein interactions are critical for biological function. They directly and indirectly influence the biological systems of which they are a part. Antibodies bind with antigens to detect and stop viruses and other infectious agents. Cell signaling is performed in many cases through the interactions between proteins. Many diseases involve protein-protein interactions on some level, including cancer and prion diseases.
KeywordsFast Fourier Transform Root Mean Square Deviation Protein Docking Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Structure Docking Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Clore, G.M., and Schwieters, C.D. 2003. Docking of protein-protein complexes on the basis of highly ambiguous intermolecular distance restraints derived from 1H/15N chemical shift mapping and backbone 15N-1H residual dipolar couplings using conjoined rigid body/torsion angle dynamics. J. Am. Chem. Soci. 125:2902–2912.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Dellis, S., Strickland, K.C., McCrary, W. J., Patel, A., Stocum, E., and Wright, C.F. 2004. Protein interactions among the vaccinia virus late transcription factors. Virology 329:328–336.Google Scholar
- Fischer, D., Lin, S.L., Wolfson, H.L., and Nussinov, R. 1995. A geometry-based suite of molecular docking processes. J. Mol. Biol. 248:459–477.Google Scholar
- Kleanthous, C. 2000. Protein-Protein Recognition. London, Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Lesk, A. M. 2001. Introduction to Protein Architecture: The Structural Biology of Proteins. London, Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Mitchell, J.C., Rosen, J.B., Phillips, A.T., and Ten Eyck, L.F. 1999. Coupled optimization in protein docking. Paper presented at the RECOMB.Google Scholar
- Phillips, A.T., Rosen, J.B., and Walke, V.H. 1995. Molecular structure determination by convex global underestimation of local energy minima. In P. M. Pardalos, D. Shalloway, and G. Xue (eds.), DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science (Vol. 23, pp. 181–198). Providence, RI, American Mathematical Society.Google Scholar
- Press, W. H. 2002. Numerical Recipes in C: The Art of Scientific Computing, 2nd ed. London, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Puig, O., Caspary, F., Rigaut, G., Rutz, B., Bouveret, E., Bragado-Nilsson, E., et al. 2001. The tandem affinity purification (TAP) method: A general procedure of protein complex purification. Methods (Duluth) 24:218–229.Google Scholar