Mechanisms of Axon Regeneration
KeywordsEpidermal Growth Factor Receptor Spinal Cord Injury Growth Cone Axon Regeneration Central Nervous System Injury
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bareyre, F.M., Kerschensteiner, M., Reinetaeu, O., Mettenleiter, T.C., Weinmann, O., and Schwab, M.E., 2004, The injured spinal cord spontaneously forms a new intraspinal circuit in adult rats. Nat. Neusosci. 7: 269–277.Google Scholar
- Brushart, T.M., 1998, Preferential reinnervation of motor nerves by regenerating motor axons, J. Neurosci. 8: 1026–1031.Google Scholar
- de La Houssaye, B.A., Mikule, K., Nikolic, D., and Pfenninger, K.H., 1999, Thrombin-induced growth cone collapse: Involvement of phospholipase A(2) and eicosanoid generation, J. Neurosci. 19: 10843–10855.Google Scholar
- Funk, C.D., Chen, X.S., Johnson, E.N., and Zhao, L., 2002, Lipoxygenase genes and their targeted disruption, Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 6869: 303–312.Google Scholar
- Jalink, K., van Corven, E.J., Hengeveld, T., Morii, N., Narumiya, S., and Moolenaar, W.H., 1994, Inhibition of lysophosphatidate- and thrombin-induced neurite retraction and neuronal cell rounding by ADP ribosylation of the small GTP-binding protein Rho, J. Cell Biol. 126: 801–810.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Ramon y Cajal, S., 1928, Degeneration and Regeneration of the Nervous System, R.M. May, ed. and tr., Oxford University Press, London.Google Scholar
- Schwab, J.M., Hirsch, S., Brechtel, K., Stiefel, A., Leppert, C.A., Schluesener, H.J., et al., 2002, The Rho-GTPase inhibitor C2IN-C3 induces functional neuronal recovery in a rat model of severe spinal cord injury, Soc. Neurosci. [Abstract 204.7].Google Scholar
- Tom, V.J., Steinmetz, M.P., Miller, J.H., Doller, C.M., and Silver, J., 2004, Studies on the development and behavior of the dystrophic growth cone, the hallmark of regeneration failure, in an in vitro model of the glial scar and after spinal cord injury, J. Neurosci. 24: 6531–6539.PubMedGoogle Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007