In general, the process flow for lead-free surface mount assembly process is similar to the conventional SnPb soldering process. Often the same equipment set used for SnPb can be used for lead-free reflow soldering. However, there are some differences that must be taken into account. The material set used for lead-free soldering is different and typically higher reflow temperatures are required. This chapter will review the different aspects of the discuss its impact on design, equipment, process and materials. surface mount assembly process with respect to lead-free solder and
KeywordsSolder Joint Solder Paste SnPb Solder SnAgCu Solder Automate Optical Inspection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IPC-7525 2000 Stencil Design Guidelines. IPC, Bannockburn, IllinoisGoogle Scholar
- 2.IPC-A-610D 2005 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies. IPC, Bannock-burn, IllinoisGoogle Scholar
- 3.IPC Round Robin Testing and Analysis of Lead Free Solder Pastes with Alloys of Tin, Silver and Copper. IPC Solder Products Value Council, Bannockburn, IllinoisGoogle Scholar
- 4.IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020C 2004 Moisture/Reflow Sensitivity Classification for Nonhermetic Solid State Surface Mount Devices. JEDEC Solid State Technology Association, Arlington, VirginiaGoogle Scholar
- 5.IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033B 2005 Handling, Packing, Shipping and Use of Moisture/Reflow Sensitive Surface Mount Devices. JEDEC Solid State Technology Association, Arlington, VirginiaGoogle Scholar