Pseudo-Boolean Optimization in Case of an Unconnected Feasible Set
Unconstrained pseudo-Boolean optimization is an issue that studied enough now. Algorithms that have been designed and investigated in the area of unconstrained pseudo-Boolean optimization are applied successfully for solving various problems. Particularly, these are local optimization methods [AL97, AM04a, PS82] and stochastic and regular algorithms based on local search for special function classes [ASSSO, BSV02, WW02]. Moreover, there is a number of algorithms for optimization of functions given in explicit form: Hammer’s basic algorithm that, was introduced in [HR68] and simplified in [BHO2]; algorithms for optimization of quadratic functions [AFLS0l, FH00, HS89], etc. Universal optimization methods are also used successfully: genetic algorithms, simulated annealing, tabu search [Gol89, Sch95].
KeywordsLocal Search Greedy Algorithm Constraint Function Accessible Region Unimodal Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AL97]Aarts, E.H.L., Lenstra, J.K.: Local Search in Combinatorial Optimization. Wiley-Interscience Series in Discrete Mathematics and Optimization, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, England (1997)Google Scholar
- [AM03]Antamoshkin, A.N., Masich, I.S.: Greedy algorithm and local search for conditional pseudo-Boolean optimization. Electronic journal “Investigated in Russia”, 177, 2143–2149 (2003) http://zhurnal.ape.relarn.ru/articles/2003/177.pdfGoogle Scholar
- [AM04a]Antamoshkin, A.N., Masich, I.S.: Comparative efficience of two schemes of local search for optimization of pseudo-Boolean functions. Electronic journal “Investigated in Russia”, 51, 544–546 (2004) http://zhurnal.ape.relarn.ru/articles/2004/051.pdfGoogle Scholar
- [AM04b]Antamoshkin, A.N., Masich, I.S.: Unimprovable algorithm of conditional optimization of monotonic pseudo-Boolean functions. Electronic journal “Investigated in Russia”, 64, 703–708 (2004) http://zhurnal.ape.relarn.ru/articles/2004/064.pdfGoogle Scholar
- [BSV02]Björklund, H., Sandberg, S., Vorobjov, S.: Optimization on Completely Unimodal Hypercubes. Technical report 2002-018 (2002)Google Scholar
- [HS89]Hammer, P.L., Simeone, B.: Quadratic functions of binary variables. In: Simeone, B. (ed) Combinatorial Optimization. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 1403. Springer, Heidelberg (1989)Google Scholar
- [Sch95]Schwefel, H.-P.: Evolution and Optimum Seeking. Whiley Publ., N.Y. (1995)Google Scholar
- [WW02]Wegener, I., Witt, C: On the Optimization of Monotone Polynomials by Simple Randomized Search Heuristics. Technical Report (2002)Google Scholar