The Changing Role(s) of Sociology (and Psychology) in the National Institute of Mental Health Intramural Research Program
KeywordsMental Illness Intramural Research Program Study Brain Function Heritability Index Intramural Program
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baxter, L. J, Baxter, L. R., Schwartz, J. m., Bergman, K. S., Szuba, M. P., Guze, B. H., Mazziotta, J. C., Alazraki, A., Selin, C. E., Ferng, H. K., Munford, P., & Phelps, M. E. (1992). Caudate glucose metabolic rate changes with both drug and behavior therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry, 49, 681–681.Google Scholar
- Bentall, R. (2004). Madness explained: Psychosis and human nature. Penguin Global.Google Scholar
- Cadoret, R., Winokur, G., Langbehn, D., Troughton, E., Yates, W., & Stewart, M. (1996). Depression spectrum disease, I: The role of gene-environment interaction. American Journal of Psychiatry, 153, 892–892.Google Scholar
- CDC. (2000). Gene-Environment Interaction Fact Sheet. Retrieved June 28, 2005, from http://www.cdc.gov/genomics/info/factshts/geneenviro.htmGoogle Scholar
- Goffman, E. (1961). Asylums. Essays on the social situation of mental patients and other inmates. New York: Doubleday Anchor.Google Scholar
- Kohn, M. L. (1969). Class and conformity: A study in values. Homewood, Ill.: Dorsey.Google Scholar
- Kohn, M. (2004). Reflections on the Intramural Research Program of the NIMH in the 1950s (Vol. 62). Fairfax, VA: IOS Press.Google Scholar
- Kohn, M. L., & Schooler, C. (1983). Work and personality: An inquiry into the impact of social stratification. Norwood, NJ: Ablex Publishing Co.Google Scholar
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007