A Collaborative Educational IS Based-on WWW
Computer Aided Education (CAE) is one of the most important applications of Information Technology (IT). The Internet and the World Wide Web (WWW) have provided a wider context for this field, which has already attracted a lot of attention. In the early 1990s, the Constructive Theory of Education and Collaborative Education were introduced, which emphasize student-centered instruction. The integration of the two has led to more flexible education oriented Information Systems (IS).
This paper discusses relevant topics in this field, including architecture, logical design, interface design, implementation strategies and maintenance. The discussion is based on a real project named SIM-EDI, which simulates an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system and provides many useful functions for students and instructors. This system was completed two years ago and has been installed in several sites located in different cities, with good result
As conclusions, several suggestions for this field have been provided at the end of the paper.
KeywordsComputer Aided Education (CAE) WWW Constructive Theory of Education Collaborative Education
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- It is not far to remote education. Computer, 1998.2.16. http://www.ed.gov/Technology/Futures/overview.html.
- Barksdale. New teachers: unplugged. Electronic. Learning, J.M. (April 1994), 39–45.Google Scholar
- Kekang He New Period of Computer Education http://www.nrcce.com/files/etarticle/CE-newperiod.htm
- Jiahou Li New idea in Computer Aided Education http://www.nrcce.com/file/caiarticle/hg-jijian.htm
- Yu Chen Education and Informatalization China Computer User (1991 Vol 4).Google Scholar
- IT New Words China Computer World (1998.1.19). http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/-kmchitre/