The Design of Information System in Thin-Client Environment over Intranet
This paper focuses on discussing the design principles and choices of IS in new model. With the architecture of IS has transit to multi-tier Client/Server and Thin-Client environment from 2-tier Client/Server mode, the designers of information system have new opportunity to overcome the defects of old 2-tier Client/Server architecture. Moreover, they also have the new problem of efficiently making use of the benefits which Internet and Web have brought about.
Keywordsmulti-tier Client/Server IS Thin-Client transaction server Web Intranet component CORBA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Mary C. Lacity, Leslie P. Willcocks, Ashok Subramianian. (1997) “A Strategic Client/Server implementation: new technology, lessons from history”, June, Strategic Information Systems.Google Scholar
- Luis Monteiro, Stuart Macdonald, (1996) “From Efficiency to Flexibility, the strategic use of information in the airline industry” Sept., Strategic Information Systems.Google Scholar
- Harri Oinaskukkonen, (1997) “Toward greater flexibility in software design systems through hypermedia functionality” June Information and Software Technology.Google Scholar
- Ranjit Rose, Stephen D. Burd, (1997) “Control and Coordination of heterogeneous transaction processing systems” Mar. Information and Software Technology.Google Scholar
- Carol Britton, Sara Jones, (1997) “A Survey of current practice in the development of multimedia systems” Oct. Information and Software Technology.Google Scholar
- E. P. Lim, Y. Lu. (1997) “Integrated queries to existing bibliographic and structured data bases” Jan Journal of Network and Computation Application.Google Scholar
- A. Berson, (1992) “Client/Server Architecture” McGraw Hill.Google Scholar
- David Garlin, Mary Shaw, (1997) “An introduction to software architecture” Carnegie Mellon UniversityGoogle Scholar