Towards the Virtual Enterprise in Food Industry
The case for the development of the Virtual Enterprise concept in the Agribusiness sector is presented. Current tendencies and the strategy of an European — Latin American project (SCM+) are discussed. A preliminary Petri net model of the interactions in a food supply chain is illustrated as part of the approach to assess current situation and characterize the information infrastructure needs. Finally, a summary of the major functional requirements for a Virtual Enterprise reference architecture is presented.
KeywordsVirtual enterprise supply chain Petri nets Agribusiness Electronic Commerce.
- Bernhardt R., Schreck G., Colombo W., Carelli R. “Integrated Discrete Event and Motion Oriented Simulation for Flexible Manufacturing Systems”. Studies in Informatics and Control. Vol. 3, Nos. 2–3, pp. 209–217, September 1994.fGoogle Scholar
- Cao X.-R. and Ho Y-Ch. Models of discrete event dynamic systems. IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 10, No. 4, June 1990.Google Scholar
- Carelli R., Colombo W., Bernhardt R., Schreck G. “Discrete Event and Motion - Oriented Simulation for FMS”. BASYS ‘95. Balanced Automation Systems. Architectures and Design Methods. Ed. Chapman and Hall. pp. 363–372. Brasil. 1995.Google Scholar
- Carelli R., Martin M., Pellicer J., Masiello A., Oviedo W. “Frutos de Cuyo: Characterization of the relationships with suppliers and customers”, 1”. Technical Report, SCM+ Project, May 1996.Google Scholar
- Carelli R., Pellicer J. “Feasibility study of Petri Nets Modelling of the Supply-ProductionClient Chain”, Technical Report, SCM+ Project, May 1996.Google Scholar
- Colombo W., Pellicer J., Martin M. and Kuchen B. “Simulator for FMS using Timed Petri Nets” (In Spanish: Simulador de Sistemas Flexibles de Manufactura usando Redes de Petri Temporizadas) Proceedings on X Congreso Brasilero de Automatica - VI Congreso Latinoamericano de Control Automatico, Vol. 1, pp. 100–102. Río de Janeiro, Brasil. September, 1994.Google Scholar
- Ho Y.C., Ed. Special Issue on Discrete Event Dynamic Systems. Proc. IEEE, Jan. 1989. Holt,D.A.; Sonka, S.T. - Virtual Agriculture: Developing and transferring agricultural technology in the 21st century. University of Illinois, www.ag.uiuc.edu/virtagl.html. Janowski, T.; Acebedo, C.M. Virtual Enterprise: On refinement towards an ODP architectureGoogle Scholar
- Workshop on Theoretical Problems on Manufacturing Design and Control, Costa da Caparica, Portugal, Jun 1996. NIIIP - The NIIIP Reference Architecture (Revision 6), Jan 1996,.Google Scholar
- Rabelo, R.; Camarinha-Matos, L.M. - Towards agile scheduling in extended enterprise, in Balanced Automation Systems II: Implementation challenges for anthropocentric manufacturing, Chapman Hall, Jun 1996.Google Scholar
- SCM+ - SCM+: Beyond Supply Chain Management - Technical Annex, INCO-DC Programme, Sept 1995.Google Scholar
- Walton, J.; Whicker, L. - Virtual Enterprise: Myth Reality, J. Control, Oct 96.Google Scholar