A Model of Methodology Need for AQAL Production System
This paper firstly makes a survey on computer integrated manufacturing, lean production, “keiretsu”, and agile manufacturing. Then, definitions for production system (product-alliance oriented corporation), four-external-factors and four-internal-factors of production system, and AQAL (Attractive, Qualitative, Agile, and Lean) production system are given. Finally, a model of methodology need for AQAL production system is given as well.
KeywordsEnterprise integration lean production agile manufacturing production system methodology
- Miyashita, K. and Russell, D. (1996) Keiretsu - Inside the Hidden Japanese Conglomerates, McGraw-HillGoogle Scholar
- Nagel, R. and Dove, R. (1992) Volume 1: 21st Century Manufacturing Enterprise Strategy - An Industry-led View; Volume 2: 21st Century Manufacturing Enterprise Strategy - Infrastructure, Iacocca Institute, Lehigh UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Rembold, U., Nnaji, B. O., and Storr, A. (1993) Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Engineering, Addison-WesleyGoogle Scholar
- Voss, C. A., Just-In-Time Manufacture, Springer-VerlagGoogle Scholar
- Womack, J. P., Jones, D. T., and Roos, D. (1990) The Machine that Changed the World, Harper PerennialGoogle Scholar