Manufacturing System Simulation Model Synthesis: Towards Application of Inductive Inference
A hypothesis of an inductive inference approach as a paradigm for automation of a simulation model synthesis process is presented. It differs from a standard approach in the sense that it does not refer the simulation model specification by some simulation programming language. The inductive inference algorithm/system infers a probably good approximation to a target system simulation model. It is expecting that the inductive inference approach could contribute to a productivity, correctness and independence of a human expert’s experience in the process of the simulation model synthesis. An example, of the “standard” approach and of the inductive inference approach applied to a simple hypothetical production system, is given. Elements of the software tool developed, for inductive inference, are presented.
KeywordsSimulation simulation model simulation model synthesis learning inductive inference
- E. C.S.L. System - User’s Manual Google Scholar
- Guimarâes Rodrigues A. (1988) Simulation,University of Minho (on Portuguese).Google Scholar
- Miclet L. (1990) Grammatical Inference, in Syntactic and Structural Pattern Recognition Google Scholar
- Theory and Applications (ed. Bunke H., Sanfeliu A), World Scientific Publ. Co. Natarajan B. K. (1991) Machine Learning: A Theoretical Approach,Morgan Kaufmann.Google Scholar
- Tempelmeier H., Kuhn H. (1993) Flexible Manufacturing Systems - Decision Support for Design and Operation,John Wley & Sons Inc.Google Scholar