SimBa: A Simulation and Balancing System for Manual Production Lines
The balancing and the comparison between different solutions through the simulation of operation of man based production lines is an important tool to help to decide properly at the level of production planning. This tool becomes much more important in the planning of lines based on variable performance work stations, due to needs of learning, fast changes of operations, which cause frequent bottlenecks and difficulties in previewing the future performance of the production lines.
In the paper the authors analyse this problem and present a validated solution to perform the line balance and to provide a tool to simulate posterior production to help the production manager configure the line according to the objective of balancing it.
Keywordsflow lines balancing of manual flow lines simulation manufacturing systems
- Boctor, Fayez F. (1995) A Multiple-rule Heuristic for Assembly Line Balancing. Journal of the Operational Research Society Google Scholar
- Bowman, E. H. (1959) Assembly-Line Balancing by Linear Programming Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge Google Scholar
- Fishwick, Paul A.(1992) Simpack: Getting Started width Simulation Programming In C And C++. Dept. of Computer & Information Science, University of Florida Google Scholar
- Held, Michael, Karp, Richard M. and Shareshian, Richard (1962) Assembly-Line Balancing-Dynamic Programming with Precedence Constraints. International Business Machines Corporation, New York“ Google Scholar
- Praça, Isabel C. (1996) Simulaçdo e Balanceamento de Linhas Manuais de Fabrico. Masters Thesis. Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto.Google Scholar
- Rumbaugh, James(1991) Object-Oriented Modelling and Design Prentice-Hall IntemacionalGoogle Scholar
- Talbot, F. Brian and Patterson, James H. (1984) An Integer Programming Algorithm with Network Cuts for Solving the Assembly Line Balancing Problem. Management Science vol.Google Scholar