Hill cipher application to Multimedia Security
The protection of valuable data in a multimedia system is one of today’s most challenging tasks for information teclmology. Hill cipher belongs in the polygram substitution case of ciphers and gives an inexpensive, easy and robust tool for multimedia security. The theory of Hill cipher and the related cryptosystem implementation is presented. The application of Hill cryptosystem to a Command and Control system and the related discussion conclude the paper.
KeywordsHill Cipher Hill Algorithm Multimedia Security Cryptography Command and Control System.
- Denning D. (1983) Cryptography and Data Security. Addison Wesley, New York.Google Scholar
- Gritzalis D., Katsikas S., Gritzalis S., (1992) A Zero-Knowledge Probabilistic Login Protocol, in Computers & Security, Vol. 11, No 8, 733–745.Google Scholar
- Hill L.S. (1922) Cryptography in an Algebraic Alphabet, in American Mathematical MonthlyGoogle Scholar
- Hill L.S. (1931) Concerning certain Linear Transformation Apparatus of Cryptography, in American Mathematical MonthlyGoogle Scholar
- Morris D.J. (1985). Introduction to Communication Command and Control. Pergamon Press,.Google Scholar
- Patti T. edited (1988) Cryptosystems Journal Vol.1 ,No2Google Scholar