CP-Based Decision Support for Project Driven Manufacturing
Some of the most challenging issues that arise in the domain of distributed manufacturing technology and management include manufacturability analysis, validation and evaluation of process plans, partnership in virtual enterprises, process design, and optimization of production plans and schedules. These issues are easily unified within a framework of a project-driven manufacturing concept which is focusing on small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) where products are manufactured based on make-to-order or build-to-order principle.
Regardless of character and scope of business activities a modern enterprise, has to build a project-driven development strategy in order to respond to challenges imposed by growing complexity and globalization. Managers need to be able to utilize a modern decision support tools as to undertake optimal business decisions in further strategic perspective of enterprise operation. In this context this contribution covers various issues of project management engineering while focusing in the field of Project-Driven Manufacturing, particularly in domains regarding the development of novel constraint programming based mathematical models and related decision-making methods as well as their implementation into the task oriented decision support systems aimed at project-driven SMEs management.
KeywordsDecision support constraint logic programming production planning modeling scheduling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Banaszak, Z., Zaremba, M., Muszyński, W. (2005). CP-based decision making for SME, in: Preprints of the 16th IFAC World Congres, P. Horacek, M. Simandl and P. Zitek, eds, 3–8 July, 2005, Prague, Czech Republic, DVD.Google Scholar
- Banaszak, Z., and Zaremba, M. (2004a). CLP-based project-driven manufacturing, Prep, of the 7th IFAC Symposium on Cost Oriented Automation, June 6–9, 2004, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, pp. 269–274.Google Scholar
- Banaszak, Z., and Zaremba, M. (2004b). Project-driven management support for web-enabled manufacturing, in: Prep, of the 11th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing, C.E. Pereira, ed, Salvador, Brasil, 5–7 April, 2004, CD-ROM.Google Scholar
- Banaszak, Z. (2003). Workflows management for project-driven manufacturing. Prep. the 7th IFAC Workshop on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, 6–8 April, 2003, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 149–154.Google Scholar
- Banaszak, Z. and Pisz, I. (2003). Project-driven production flow management, in: Project-Driven Manufacturing, Z. Banaszak and J. Józefowska, eds, WNT, Warsaw, pp. 53–71.Google Scholar
- Banaszak, Z. and Józefczyk, J. (2005). Towards CLP-based task oriented DSS for SME, Applied Computer Science and Production Management 1:161–180.Google Scholar
- Barták, R. (2004). Incomplete depth-first search techniques: a short survey, in: Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Constraint Programming for Decision and Control, J. Figwer, ed, June 29, 2004, Gliwice, Poland, pp. 7–14.Google Scholar
- Barták, R. (2003). Constraint-based scheduling: an introduction for newcomers, Prep. of the 7th IFAC Workshop on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, 6–8 April, 2003, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 75–80.Google Scholar
- Bartak, R. (1998). On-line guide to constraint programming, Prague, http://kti.mff.cuni.cz/~bartak/constraints/.Google Scholar
- Kis, T., Ërdos, G., Màrkus, A. and Vàncza, J. (2004). A Project-Oriented Decision Support Systems for Production Planning in Make-to-Order Manufacturing, ERCIN News, Bo.58.Google Scholar
- Leach, L.P. (2000). Critical chain project management, Artech House, London.Google Scholar
- Rossi, F. (2000). Constraint (Logic) programming: A Survey on Research and Applications, in: New Trends in Constraints, K.R. Apt et al, eds, LNAI 1865, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 40–74.Google Scholar
- Tomczuk, I. and Banaszak, Z. (2005). Production flow planning based on CLP approach, Computer Integrated Management, R. Knosala, ed, WNT, Warszawa, pp. 589–600. (in Polish)Google Scholar
- Tomczuk, I. and Banaszak, Z. (2004). Constraint programming approach for production flow planning, Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Constraint Programming for Decision and Control, June 29, 2004, Gliwice, Poland, pp. 47–54.Google Scholar
- Tomczuk, I., Bzdyra, K. and Banaszak, Z. (2005). Towards CLP-based task-oriented DSS for SME, Applied Computer Science and Production Management 1:181–200.Google Scholar
- Van Henteryck, P., Perron, L. and Puge, J. (2000). Search and Strategies in OPL, ACM Transactions on Computational Logic 1:1–36.Google Scholar
- Wallace, M. (2000). Constraint Logic Programming, In Kakas A.C., and Sadri F., editors, Computational Logic, LNAI 2407, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp. 512–532.Google Scholar