Arthroscopic Repair of Full-Thickness Tears of the Rotator Cuff
The last decade has seen a dramatic progression in the arthroscopic management of rotator cuff tears. Arthroscopic cuff debridement, favored in the 1990s, has yielded to the sophisticated arthroscopic cuff repairs (including large and massive tears) performed today. The refinement of suture anchor techniques and the continued development of arthroscopic skills have ushered in the current era of arthroscopic repair for virtually all rotator cuff tears.
KeywordsRotator Cuff Rotator Cuff Tear Suture Anchor Rotator Cuff Tendon Arthroscopic Repair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Burkhart SS. Arthroscopic treatment of massive rotator cuff tears. Clinical results and biomechanical rationale. Clin Orthop 1991; (267):45–56.Google Scholar
- 14.Harryman DT, Mack LA, Wang KY, et al. Repairs of the rotator cuff: correlation of functional results with integrity of the cuff. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1991; 73: 98 2989.Google Scholar
- 16.Neer CS, Flatow EL, Lech O. Tears of the rotator cuff: long term results of anterior acromioplasty and repair. Orthop Trans 1988; 12: 735.Google Scholar
- 21.Matsen FA III, Lippitt SB, Sidles JA, et al. Surgical approach to roughness at the non-articular humeroscapular motion interface. In: Matsen FA III, Lippitt SB, eds. Practical Evaluation and Management of the Shoulder. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 1994: 176–178.Google Scholar
- 22.St Pierre P, Olson FJ, Elliott JJ, et al. Tendon healing to cortical bone compared with healing to a cancellous trough: a biomechanical and histological model evaluation in goats. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1995; 77: 1858–1866.Google Scholar
- 26.Nord K. Modified Neviaser portal and subclavian portal in shoulder arthroscopy. Paper presented at: 19th Annual Meeting of the Arthoscopy Association of North America; Miami FL; April 14, 2000.Google Scholar
- 27.Bardana DD, Burks RT, West JR. The effect of suture anchor design and orientation on suture abrasion: an in-vitro study. Submitted to Arthroscopy.Google Scholar
- 32.Sonnabend DH, Jones D, Walsh WR. Rotator cuff repair in a primate model: observations and implications. Proceedings of the 14th Annual Closed Meeting, American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons; Manchester, VT, September 1997: 27.Google Scholar
- 34.Gartsman GM. Arthroscopic acromioplasty for lesions of the rotator cuff. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1990; 72(2):169–180.Google Scholar
- 35.Burkhart SS, Danaceau SM, Pearce CE. Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair analysis of results by tear size and by repair technique, margin convergence versus direct tendon to bone technique. Arthroscopy. In press.Google Scholar