Arthroscopic Treatment of Partial-Thickness Rotator Cuff Tears
Arthroscopy has improved our diagnostic assessment of rotator cuff disease, especially in the understanding of the different patterns of articular surface partial-thickness tears. Articular or bursal partial-thickness rotator cuff tears may be a primary cause of shoulder pain and dysfunction or may occur in secondary to a primary pathological condition of the shoulder. Partial-thickness rotator cuff tears may be categorized into those arising on the bursal surface, those arising on the articular surface, and those that are purely intratendinous. Controversy surrounds the management of partial-thickness rotator cuff tears, especially articular-sided lesions.
KeywordsRotator Cuff Rotator Cuff Tear Suture Anchor Rotator Cuff Repair Supraspinatus Tendon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Morgan CD. The thrower’s shoulder: spectrum of pathology. Paper presented at: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons/American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine Comprehensive Sports Medicine: The Athletic Perspective to Treatment, Controversies and Problem Solving,February 2, 2001; Lake Tahoe, NV.Google Scholar
- 9.Snyder SJ. Arthroscopic treatment of partial articular surface tendon avulsions. Paper presented at: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons/American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine Comprehensive Sports Medicine: The Athletic Perspective to Treatment, Controversies and Problem Solving; February 2, 2001; Lake Tahoe, NV.Google Scholar
- 13.Fukuda H, Hamada K, Nakajima T, et al. Partial-thickness tears of the rotator cuff. Int Orthop 1996;20:257–265.Google Scholar
- 16.Noojin FK, Savoie FH, Field LD. Arthroscopic treatment of partial thickness articular-sided rotator cuff tears. Paper presented at: Arthroscopy Association of North America 20th Annual Meeting; April 19, 2001; Seattle, WA.Google Scholar
- 17.Budoff JE, Nirschl RP, Guidi EJ: Debridement of Partial-Thickness Tears of the Rotator Cuff without Acromioplasty. J Bone Joint Surg 1998;80A(5):733–748.Google Scholar
- 19.Gartsman G. Arthroscopic acromioplasty for lesions of the rotator cuff. J Bone font Surg Am 1990;72(2):169–180.Google Scholar