Context-aware fun and games with Bluetooth
Bluetooth-enabled devices are everywhere and in everyday use by a large number of mobile phone users. Harnessing this communication channel for a context-aware system has proved to be a useful step forward in providing simple games, fun events and targeted advertising based on the awareness of the user’s location. As part of a wider project the authors have produced a system that allows users to download information based on Global positioning (GPS) inputs on moving server platforms within public transport. The project has also tied “context” to information to send information to users via the same platform based in a static system for applications such as guided trails and tours in open spaces.
KeywordsMobile System Simple Game User Device Mobile Phone User Device Discovery
- Dennett, C and Traxler J, Project Bluetooth:Support for computing first years, Proc. HEA ICS 8 th Annual conference Southampton, UK August 2007, available online at http://www.ics.heacademy.ac.uk/events/8th-annual-conf/Google Scholar
- Aalto L, Göthlin N, Korhonen J & Ojala T Bluetooth and WAP Push based location- aware mobile advertising system. Proc. Second International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services, Boston, MA, 49 - 58.2004 Available online at http://www.mediateam.oulu.fi/publications/pdf/496.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Bluetooth Special Interest Group at http://www.bluetooth.comGoogle Scholar
- PyBluez, http://org.csail.mit.edu/pybluezGoogle Scholar
- LightBlue, http://lightblue.sourceforge.netGoogle Scholar