Potential Oil Pipeline Projects in the Black Sea: Caspian Region
The information about availability of considerable hydrocarbon resources in the Black Sea–Caspian region that appeared in the 1990s stirred greater interest of the Caspian and Black Sea states to the development and implementation of new pipeline projects. However, by the beginning of the second decade of the twenty-first century, only a few of the suggested projects were realized. Nevertheless, many projects for oil export to foreign markets remain relevant and can be implemented in case new hydrocarbon deposits are developed, which will require, of course, additional capacities for their transit to foreign markets.
KeywordsBlack Sea Caspian region Hydrocarbon resources Pipelines
- 1.Gadzhiev KS (2010) Caucasian knot in the geopolitical priorities of Russia. Logos, Moscow, pp 488–509Google Scholar
- 2.Chernyavskiy SI (2013) Ten years of the history of Azerbaijan: 2003–2013. Flinta, Мoscow, pp 75–92Google Scholar
- 3.Zhiltsov SS, Zonn IS (2010) The black sea region: a new shape. MGOU, Мoscow, pp 42–112Google Scholar
- 4.Shevtsov AI (2005) Policy of the Ukrainian export-import in the energy area. Dnepropetrovsk, pp 14–45Google Scholar
- 5.Karpova NS, Lavrov SN, Simonov AG (2014) International gas projects in Russia: a European alliance and strategic alternatives. TEIS, Moscow, pp 47–84Google Scholar