Investigation of the Hydrocarbon Potential in the Black Sea Region: First Results
In the recent decade, all Black Sea countries focused much attention on investigations of the hydrocarbon deposits in the Black Sea area, in particular, evaluation of the potential reserves of oil and natural gas. Most energetic actions in this direction are taken by Turkey, Bulgaria, Ukraine, and Romania. This is connected with gradual depletion of the fields that have been operated for long.
KeywordsHydrocarbon potential Investigations The Black Sea
- 2.Zubairov N (2007) Oil Marathon/Investgazeta, Kiev, (Ukraine), pp 38–39Google Scholar
- 3.Samsonov AI, Levashov SP, Yakimchuk NA, Korchagin IN, Sukhenko IV, Bozhezha DN (2006) Priority directions of prospecting – survey works for oil and gas in the south of the Odessa, Nikolaev, Kherson regions and nearby area of the Black Sea. Geology and Mineral Deposits of the World Ocean 3(3): 33–34 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Popadyuk I,Stovba S, Kriachtchevskaia O (2013) What we know and don’t know exploring the Ukrainian Black Sea. In: Proceedings of Black Sea oil & gas conference. Istanbul, p 32Google Scholar
- 5.Georgiev G (2013) Petroleum geology of western Black Sea. In: Proceedings of Black Sea oil & gas conference. Istanbul, pp 15–19 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Alekperov VY (2011) Oil of Russia: past, present and future. Creative Economy, Moscow, pp 78–79Google Scholar