Experience of Azerbaijan in Construction of Main Oil and Gas Pipelines in the Caspian Sea Region: Environmental Aspects
This article is devoted to the experience obtained in the construction of main oil and gas pipelines, historical achievements, ecological aspects in the period of pipeline construction and operation, and also pipelines to be laid in the future.
Azerbaijan is a country which has a great history and experience in exploration, production, processing, and transportation in the oil and gas industry.
There has been several comments about oil presence and its exploitation in the stories of authors, who lived in the Middle Ages.
The first oil well in the world was drilled in the Absheron Peninsula in Azerbaijan in 1846. The Azerbaijan oil industry has gone through various progress stages, and a great deal of oil and gas deposits has been discovered and started to be exploited during that period.
KeywordsAzeri Baku–Supsa Baku–Tbilisi–Ceyhan (BTC) BP Chirag and Guneshli (ACG) Contract of the Century “Neftegaztikinti” Oil and gas pipelines Oil Rocks Scientific Research and Design Institute “Neftegazlayihe” SOCAR South Caucasus pipeline (SCP) TANAP pipeline (Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline)
- 1.Azerbaijan Oil, Baku (2010). 352pGoogle Scholar
- 2.Arnautov LI, Karpov YK (1978) Story of great engineer Moscow worker, 238pGoogle Scholar
- 3.Bayramov B. Oil rocks – life under storm, Baku. Tahsil Printing Office MMC, 248pGoogle Scholar
- 4.Zapletin G (2009) Oil rocks – 60-year Labour Courage and Heroism Chronicle, Baku. SOCAR Centralised Printing Office, 166pGoogle Scholar
- 5.Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Oil pipeline Named After Heydar Aliyev From Legend into reality, Baku, Compiled by the secretariat of the President of the Azerbaijan on the mayor of Azerbaijan, 454pGoogle Scholar
- 6.Bağırov H (2008) İlham Aliyev’s successful ecological policy, Baku. East West Printing Office, 39pGoogle Scholar
- 7.SOCAR 2010 in Harmony With Nature, Baku. Nurlar, 2011, 352pGoogle Scholar
- 8.Environmental and Socio-economic Impact Assessment (ESIA) for the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Pipeline, Azerbaijan December 2002, AETC and ERM Companies. http://www.bp.com/en_az/caspian/sustainability/environment/ESIAs/BTCESIAs.html