A fault tolerant broadcast scheme in star graphs
In this paper, we propose a simple and nonadaptive fault tolerant broadcast scheme in star graphs under the single-port communication model. The proposed scheme can tolerate up to -n - 2 vertex and/or edge faults in the star graph with n! vertices, and in the fullduplex communication mode, it takes at most 4n - 3 more time units than an optimal nonadaptive broadcast scheme.
KeywordsCayley Graph Communication Mode Star Graph Edge Fault Source Vertex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. G. Akl and K. Qiu. Fundamental algorithms for the star and pancake interconnection networks with applications to computational geometry. Networks, 23:215–225,1993.Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Hamada, A. Mei, F. Bao, and Y. Igarashi. Broadcasting in star graphs with byzantine failures. Technical Report of IEICE, COMP96-27:47–56, July 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Mei, F. Bao, Y. Hamada, and Y. Igarashi. Optimal time broadcasting in faulty star networks. In Proc. WDAG'96, LNCS 1151, pp.175–190, 1996.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Pelc. Reliable communication in networks with Byzantine link failures. Networks, 22:441–459, 1992.Google Scholar
- 15.J. P. Sheu, C.-T. Liaw, and T.-S. Chen. An optimal broadcasting algorithm without message redundancy in star graphs. IEEE Trans. Parallel and Distributed Systems, 6(6), June 1995.Google Scholar