Self-calibration from the absolute conic on the plane at infinity
To obtain a metric reconstruction from images the cameras have to be calibrated. In recent years different approaches have been proposed to avoid explicit calibration. In this paper a new method is proposed which is closely related to some of the existing methods. Some interesting relations between the methods are uncovered. The method proposed in this paper shows some clear advantages. Besides some synthetic experiments a metric model is extracted from a video sequence to illustrate the feasibility of the approach.
KeywordsAbsolute Conic Euclidean Transformation Additional Unknown Camera Intrinsic Parameter Camera Matrice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Beardsley, P. Torr and A. Zisserman 3D Model Acquisition from Extended Image Sequences, Proc. ECCV'96, vol.2, pp.683–695Google Scholar
- 2.O. Faugeras, What can be seen in three dimensions with an uncalibrated stereo rig, Proc. ECCV'92, pp.563–578.Google Scholar
- 3.O. Faugeras, Q.-T. Luong and S. Maybank. Camera self-calibration: Theory and experiments, Proc. ECCV'92, pp.321–334.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Hartley, Estimation of relative camera positions for uncalibrated cameras, Proc. ECCV'92, pp.579–587.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Hartley, Euclidean reconstruction from uncalibrated views, Applications of invariance in Computer Vision, LNCS 825, Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Heyden, K. Åström, Euclidean Reconstruction from Constant Intrinsic Parameters Proc. ICPR'96.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Koch, Automatische Oberfldchenmodellierung starrer dreidimensionaler Objekte aus stereoskopischen Rundum-Ansichten, PhD thesis, Univ. Hannover, 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Pollefeys and L. Van Gool, A Stratified Approach to Metric Self-Calibration, Proc. CVPR'97.Google Scholar
- 9.C. Rothwell, G. Csurka and O.D. Faugeras, A comparison of projective reconstruction methods for pairs of views, Proc. ICCV'95, pp.932–937.Google Scholar
- 10.J. G. Semple and G. T. Kneebone, Algebraic Projective Geometry, University Press, Oxford, 1952.Google Scholar
- 12.B. Triggs, Autocalibration and the Absolute Quadric, CVPR'97.Google Scholar
- 13.C. Zeller and O. Faugeras, Camera self-calibration from video sequences: the Kruppa equations revisited. Research Report 2793, INRIA, 1996.Google Scholar